8| Before Inception of Time

I stared at the picture hanging on the wall for sometime, sipping my strawberry tea, my mind drifting between the past and the present. In past time, I was a bubbly teenager who was so in love with the idea of being in love and being loved. Present time, I am simply a young adult who is trying to navigate through life while trying to fathom the possible cause for the disappearance of her first love.

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and months turned to years- two years to be exact, yet I did not hear from him, except that one time he came to the country for a vacay. Poetically, love is a juice with many tastes, some bitter, others sweet. You can extrapolate what mine was. I had been so deep in my emotions, swimming in my feelings, sinking and overthinking, but no more. Some relationships are there for only but a season. Right now, I am all about living my best life, correcting the course, respinning and starting again.

10x out of 9, I knew it was too perfect to be true, almost a fairytale. Thank God he blew it. Girl, I've dodged a bullet. 9x out of 10, our fantasy don't become reality and that's okay. Ryan Giovanni Milano was for a season. Perhaps, this was a known theory before the inception of time.

A lot has happened since the last time I spoke to him- my friendship with Hailey was blossoming; and did I say that Hailey and Axel, my brother are now dating. At the thought of that Hailey walks in with Axel arm in arm, looking like the perfect couple. Axel gives double pecks on her cheeks before leaving Hailey. When she entered my room, I was all already dressed up in my black latex tube dress, disco ball jacket and sleek pumps.

In celebration of blossoming friendship and relationship, Hailey and I were going to the male strip club. Yes the male strip club!
Initially, we were going to the usual night club, to simply dance to music with dirty lyrics that our parents would clogged our ears with wax to prevent us from listening. But today we are assimilating the unorthodox. Hailey was exactly the whirlwind force I needed by my side, the brave heart who would log on to a game without reading the terms and conditions, surely one to turn a crawl in the desert into a walk in the park.

We stepped into the club with trepidation and excitement, looking like deers caught in headlights. There atmosphere was merrily- cherry and exuding sensuality. There were more woman than usual in the crowd- I could tell the old women with botox apart from the youth, despite their skimpy clothes and high heels. There were also a few guys walking around nonchalantly in their tight vests and boxers. I couldn't make out clearly if they were dancers or just regular folks.

One thing we both weren't expecting, was seeing how clean, shiny and well- decorated the place was. Well, movies and gossip magazines have painted a very grim picture of the strip clubs. We almost tripped while navigating our way through the crowd, trying to a seat most enclosed in darkness, obscure from preying eyes. However, we were mistaken.

When music blasted our eardrums and the strip tease commenced, we found out that we were at the front seat and the light was directly on us.
The first dancer steps on stage whinning his waist and thrusting into the air. With each thrust, the crowd roars in apparent happiness.

Before we knew it, all his clothes were off except his g string and he was on my lap grinding. My first lap dance made my feel dirty and I was ready to make the swiftest exit ever known to man. It became dirtier when he gave me a little kiss on the lips and slipped his number into my cleavage. On the other hand, Hailey was screaming in pure glee.

Immediately, he stood up from my lap, I motioned to Hailey that it's time to go.
"You go, I will stay. I have not got my lap dance yet."
"Who promised you a lap dance? Get your behind walking."
"This is not fair"

"Who said that all is fair? Besides, you are dating my brother now."

"Hey, what would you be doing with the number to remember? Call him call him."

"Girl, are you on drugs? You want my parents to kill me. What would I be doing dating a male stripper?"

"You are such a spoilsport, let's go"

Perchance, it was the case of staring at the dark too long and seeing what isn't there. Perchance, it was a joke or crack. Perchance, it was a case of wildest imagination turning real in living colors and in the form of hot blooded stripper following us.

"Hey pretty girl, I didn't even get to know your name". I felt a shiver shoot down my spine. What is this creep doing following me?

As if sensing my concern, he mellowed.
"I'm Ross. How are you?"
"My name is Alison", I said dismissively. I was in no mood for continuing this conversation with this weirdo. My parents would literally drained every drop of blood out of me if they should know that I had even stepped foot into this club.

Outside, off the stage, in the brightly lit alley, away from the crowd and the noise, his unique rosy handsomeness was undeniable- neatly groomed beard, symmetrical face, tall with chiseled chest and washboard abs piercing through his tight navy blue T- shirt.

"Do call me, hun", He said in the most seductive voice, before drowning away into the darkness.

"you have got an admirer", Hailey teased.

"OH please. I will probably never see him again"

"You can't be that sure. Only time can tell. If you don't call him, he would probably search the entire universe for you. Watch out Missy."

"Now, you are being dramatic. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to do that"

"Let's quickly go home before they discover where we've been", said Hailey with a tint of brewing anxiety.

"Sure, but I am driving. You've had too many drinks"

"That's not true, I only had one shot of tequila. I wanted you to drive anyways. My form of bossing you around", she winked and smiled.

Naughty, naughty Hailey, she's always crafting some mischief.

Vote and Comment!