21 - Final Chapter

"You seem nervous, your majesty," I pointed out, being the first to speak for a while as our carriage of four people neared the training grounds.

"I am," Historia said, fixing up the bun which her blonde hair was in and staring down at her lap. "I haven't been here in so long; it feels nice to visit everyone and surprise them rather than having them always come to me up to the palace. I bet you're excited to get some extra time with a certain someone."

A suggestive tone was present in her soft voice, which made my cheeks go slightly pink and had me giggling like a little girl to which she laughed as well. Even the thought of Levi made me smile at this point.

It had been about a month since I officially left the Survey Corps and had been placed as one of the members of the Queen's personal security, as my Military Police role. She had two very close bodyguards and I was one of the people who overlooked her general whereabouts and secured the castle, but more often than not Historia would request for me to be placed in her room instead so that the two of us could chat all day since there were very few people around our age here.

Levi and I had been meeting up every weekend, taking turns in visiting each other, but now it was a Thursday and the Queen had made a special request to go see the scouts at their training grounds and asked me to join her on the trip. We had nothing better to do than gossip together when we hung out, so Historia knew all of the details about my nearly-relationship (Levi had suggested that we see how things go with our long-distance arrangement and ensure we could even make it work before making things official), as well as everything going on with our mutual friends. She knew how much I loved all these people and the meaning they held to me, so when she wanted to come here there was no way she was not bringing me along.

When the carriage came to a halt, the two bodyguards and I were first to exit, standing stiffly and saluting as the Queen came out as well. Since she already had two men with her, I was informed by Historia that I did not need to be with her at all times like them, especially since she knew that I would want some time alone with Levi.

Our arrival caught the attention of some cadets practicing outside, and many gasped at the sight of the Queen while I stood at her side, but as soon as the eyes of our friends, who were teaching some of the lessons, landed on us, they all lit up. Abandoning the training, and leaving some new cadets hanging mid-air on the 3DM rigs, they made their way over and greeted Historia and I, more interested in the other girl since I had just seen them a few days ago unlike her.

My eyes landed on a figure on the other end of the training area, looking around confusedly and quite annoyed since all work had stopped momentarily. When Levi finally spun around and faced the scene his face softened, especially when his eyes met mine. I watched a small smile play on his face, despite how hard he tried to hide it, before he too walked over.

"Your majesty," he greeted with a small bow of his head, which I knew he did not want to do since Levi was not one for formalities. "I appreciate the visit, but please let me know next time you plan to come to prevent your arrival from clashing with my scouts' training."

I could see Historia's cheeks go bright red as she sheepishly stared down at the ground following the comment and all those who had crowded around her and I now moved away. I rolled my eyes at this; Levi knew that Historia found him intimidating still, despite being the Queen, and he was teasing her for no reason.

"Don't be mean," I said to the man, stepping forward and taking his hand in mine, before waving to the others and walking off with Levi being dragged along behind me. When I had visited this place over the weekend, it had been Connie's birthday so I spent most of my time with my friends to celebrate, meaning I had to make up for it by being with Levi now.