10

Cute lil chapter ahead of you :)

Enjoy!

________________

"L-Levi," was the first thing I muttered when I began to regain consciousness. My head was pounding as my eyes opened slowly, the Sun shining brightly into them from above. I was laying on the soft grass on my back, half of my body in the shade of the tree. It was so peaceful and quiet, with the tweeting of birds in the background and the smell of fresh flowers. This was a beautiful place to be resting in.

"You're awake," a deep voice said from beside me and I turned my head gently to see Captain Levi sitting right near my head, leaning against the tree trunk. His 3DM gear had been removed, in a pile on the side, and I could not feel mine either. I was so thankful for that as it would have been heavy and uncomfortable, but without it I could feel truly cosy. It was not needed anyway, as the chances of coming across a titan now were tiny.

I groaned as I tried to sit up, a sharp pain reverberating through my head. I must have given myself a concussion when I flew straight into that tree.

"Did you kill all the titans?" I asked once I was finally able to sit up straight. Looking around at the bright scenery, I noticed lots of smoke coming from the ground around us. Apart from this, the sunny plains looked gorgeous.

"Of course," Levi said smoothly, shuffling to the side and leaving a space next to him which he then patted softly. "Come here, you should rest for a while before we go, you hit your head pretty hard."

I looked into Levi's eyes and could not help giving a small smile. Those words were like music to my ears - Levi cared about my well-being and wanted to make sure I was fine.

"Sorry about that, I didn't mean to leave you with all the work," I said, moving towards Levi. Leaning my back against the tree, I sat with my legs stretched out in front of me, and to my pleasure mine and Levi's arms were pressed together. He was so warm.

"What? Don't be sorry," he quickly interjected, looking at me with his eyebrows knitted together. "You only got distracted because you helped me out. If not for that, you would have been completely fine."

I smiled to myself, knowing that I was able to save Levi when he needed it while we were fighting. If I had been with someone who was not him though I would probably be dead, as they would not have been able to take on three more titans alone. I felt glad that I had at least been useful and did not completely freeze up when coming face to face with those monsters. I managed to keep calm and even killed one of them quite easily.

"You made your horse run off though, stupid," the man continued, the usual snappy Levi coming through again. "We're gonna have to both get on mine on the way back."

Another smile dawned my face, as I looked down at my hands. That was something I was already looking forward to, but sitting with him here was such a pleasant experience too even if he was calling me stupid.

"You did really well though," Levi said sincerely and I looked at him, slightly shocked by such kind words. His face was soft as he stared back into my eyes and I felt a flutter in my stomach from the way he gazed at me.

"Really?" I could not help but ask, as hearing something like this from him did not seem natural. He was always so mean and harsh that kind words from him were just unfamiliar to me.

"You're great with a rifle and swords, you just need to get more practice with the gear. Once you learn, you're going to be an amazing solider," Levi said genuinely and my face just lit up even more at his words.