16

Really sorry, it's another quite long chapter :/ Thought about splitting it into 2 but I would rather every chapter have a new topic of its own if y'all know what I mean.

I'm cooking up a spicy Sangwoo x Reader as well if anyone is interested :) Got the first chapter down, so will post that sometime within the next few weeks

Enjoy hoes

_____________

I gulped as I gazed tens of meters down at the city below me, from where I was sat on the wall. There were so many titans down there. I tried to figure out an approximate number but lost count after about 80, as they were moving around too much. Some of them had been drawn to the edges of the walls around them, due to the scouts perched up top, but most took no notice and remained absentmindedly roaming the town.

A presence beside me caught my attention, as someone took a seat directly next to me, their slender legs hanging off the wall like mine, and I was surprised but very glad to see Levi who was looking down the same as I was.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, turning to face him with a small smile. "You're supposed to be on the complete other side of the wall."

"I came to wish you good luck before the mission starts, we have another few minutes," he replied blandly and kept just staring down below. I rested my head on his shoulder, taking notice of his dull tone; I could tell he was still worried sick.

"Thanks," I replied warmly, nuzzling my face into his neck and placing a soft kiss on it. "Trust me, I'll be fine. I have the flare gun, my swords, my rifle. Everything will be okay."

My words only made Levi's frown deepen and he could not look me in the eye. It was as if my words were going into his right ear and coming straight out of the left. Nothing I said could make him feel better, which did sting slightly but I knew there was nothing I could do. Maybe it would encourage him to do an even better job than usual; I knew for a fact that I was motivated by the idea of being able to go back home and see him once everything was over.

A red flare shot up into the sky from over where the, now barricaded, main gate to the city was. It signaled that we only had about two minutes left before the mission was to start so, although Levi had just arrived, it was his cue to go. I guess he did only come to exchange a couple of words though.

Both of us sighed heavily and stood up, our gear slightly weighing us down. I looked at the scenery around me; everything looked so gorgeous from so high up. I could see a forest of tall trees far in the distance, way beyond the wall, and even the destroyed city which roamed with the deadly monsters had an odd beauty to it.

Levi pulled me into a tight hug, our gear clattering together, clearly not caring that we were right next to my whole squad who were chatting all together. He pulled me even closer and closer, and I had not remembered a single time where he had held me this desperately. Maybe this was just in case we never saw each other again.

"Please, promise me you'll be careful," Levi emphasized when he finally pulled away, still holding on to both of my arms though. "If it's between saving yourself and saving another person, please prioritize your own life. I couldn't handle losing you like this."

I nodded along, his words almost making me tear up. I could tell he was serious, with such a drained look on his face as if he just wanted this to never be happening in the first place. For his own sake, I gave Levi another small smile and reached for one of his wrists. I turned it over to show the little blue flower brooch, still securely pinned to his scout uniform, and pointed at it.

"This will keep both of us safe," I said with faux confidence in my voice, to which Levi gave a wobbly smile back but it was very short-lived.

Another red flare went off. One minute. Levi moved forward and connected his lips to mine in a short and sweet kiss, as we knew he needed to leave at that point.