Chapter 16

Iwaizumi manages to arrange a practice game with another elementary volleyball club. It's obviously a very big deal to the kid. In the week leading up to the game Kei and Tetsu drag Bokuto to the park for extra practice whenever they can. Iwaizumi wants to give all the kids a chance to play in the game so they come up with a series of simple hand gestures to use instead of talking so Kei isn't at a disadvantage.

On game day Bokuto takes Kei to the gym early for warm-ups with the other kids. Akaashi goes at game times with Daichi, Suga, and Shouyou. There are seats saved for them in the front row of the bleachers. Shouyou is practically vibrating with excitement the whole time. He clutches his Vabo-chan toy in his hands and he climbs back and forth across the three men's laps. Akaashi catches Kei's eyes from where he stands on the side of the court. He gives him a wave and Kei smiles and waves back.

"He looks so excited. Daichi make sure and take pictures," Akaashi hits the cop's arm excitedly.

"Ow Akaashi. I brought the camera. Don't hit me. Suga trade seats with me?" Daichi asks. Suga has Shouyou at the moment.

"No thank you, excited Akaashi hits a lot. I chose this seat for a reason." Suga smiles lovingly at his husband.

"I've been betrayed," Daichi sighs.

"Boku! Boku!" Shouyou stands on Suga's lap and waves his vabo-chan in the air. Suga holds onto him to make sure he doesn't fall. Bokuto looks over at them and smiles then jogs across the gym.

"Shou-chan!" He pokes his nose. "Did you come to see your big brother?"

"Kei is gonna be all wham! And woosh!" Shouyou reaches for him.

"He is." Bokuto lifts him up and holds him on his hip. "Ah, I have an idea. Akaashi do you think Shouyou can join me on the bench?" Shouyou's jaw drops and his eyes widen.

"Oh, if you think it'll be okay then I don't mind." Bokuto and Shouyou both cheer and high five each other. Akaashi can't help but smile at them. "Give Kei a kiss for me. Tell him I said good luck."

"Sir yes sir." Bokuto gives him a salute then jogs back over to the kids. Akaashi watches as he says something to Kei. The little blonde wrinkles his face and tries to escape but Bokuto pulls him close and presses a kiss to his cheek. He laughs as Kei tries to wipe it off.

"Kei has really opened up to Bokuto," Daichi picks up the vabo-chan from where it had fallen to the ground.

"Both boys are obsessed with him honestly." Akaashi takes a drink of his water.

"How are they going to handle it when he goes back to Osaka?" Suga asks. Akaashi flinches at that.

"Probably about as well as I'm going to..." He sighs. "I totally overestimated my self-control." Suga grins and stands up, he slides Daichi down the bench and then takes a seat in his spot.

"Akaashi Keiji tell me all the details." He demands.

"There are no details." Akaashi rolls his eyes. "We kissed, once. It was dumb too. I was crying and all emotional."

"Why were you crying?"

"I told him about Runa and Kei. You know I get all emotional. It's whatever."

"Damn you are serious about him." Suga looks across the court. Bokuto is sitting on the bench bouncing Shouyou on his lap while. Iwaizumi is putting all the kids into their positions. Kei is on the court already looking a bit nervous.

"Go Kei! You got this!" Suga cheers. Kei's cheeks flush red and he hunches his shoulders. Suga keeps cheering and Shouyou joins in.

The games are quick, all the kids trying their best. Kei gets to play quite a bit and he gets a really excited look on his face whenever he manages to block the ball. Bokuto and Ushijima let Iwaizumi do most of the game time coaching, just offering a few words of advice here and there during time outs. It's casual and fun. When Kei gets worn out he leans on Bokuto's legs instead of sitting on the ground with the other kids. It gives Akaashi that warm fuzzy feeling again. Bokuto pulls Kei onto his lap and makes him drink some water. Shouyou hangs on Bokuto's shoulder and talks animatedly to his brother. Kei doesn't even look that annoyed with his brother and Akaashi is so proud of him.