24

just as the words left kamos mouth, you looked back at inumaki. you didnt know what to think and would go with whatever he did.

kamo was right for saying it spouted nonsense as it would most likely give us a speech of depair.

but hanami on the other hand didnt seem to be the type to make people lose by their speech, it was most likely that the curse was telling the full truth.

inumaki had his brows furrowed and seemed to have no opinion on it whatsoever, you followed him by not thinking anything about it too.

although megumi also had his own opinion on the whole situation, he spoke up. "this curse is on a whole different level." he said without taking his eyes off the creature.

hanami was still standing in the middle of you 4, you were standing in front of kamo as megumi was on your left and inumaki on your right.

hanami who now had their hand on their shoulder, which was clothed in the white fabric, spoke up again. "the forest, the oceans and the sky." the curse said while looking downwards to the shattered ground.

you looked at the others and saw that everyone was listening to every word that came out of the special grades mouth.

even kamo was paying attention, he did seem skeptical still since he frowned his brows and gritted his teeth. but all his attention was on hanami who was in front of him.

not wasting a single second, you checked if your sword was still in place, it wouldve been a great tool now if hanami was not completely dense from the outside.

you really had to learn how to fuse your cursed energy into your new sword but now was definitely not the time. without the curse noticing, you slowly got your arm to your back to see if the sword was still in place.

touching the metal you visibly relaxed, luckily it still sticked to the back of your uniform. there would definitely be a point in this battle where you would use your sword since you were so close to your limit.

'i surely have about 5 more shots.' you thought to yourself. sure 5 whole shots seemed like alot, but launching yourself towards the opponent and actually giving damage by kicking or punching was already two shots.

you sighed frustrated as you were tired from the whole situation and inumaki seemed to notice it too.

he was also tired as he used his technique quite alot already. he wanted to walk up to you and comfort you but couldnt do so. he would definitely do that when the curse was defeated.

inumaki snapped his head back at the curse and you continued to listen to hanamis babbling, "they all weep so vehemently." it said as it was still talking about the nature of this planet.

"i can not stand it." hanami added on. you slowly realized what the curse was referring to and crouched down into a fighting position again and let some cursed energy flow through your legs.

hanami continued and said exactly what you feared they would say, "it is impossible to coexist with humans any longer." the special grade said while still having their hand on the white clot which was on their shoulder.

hanami released their hand from their shoulder and slowly extended it to their side. "of course there are some humans who are kind to the planet." the curse said while looking up towards the orange sky.

"but how much does their affection ever help." hanami continued and snapped their head at the 3 of you who were standing in front of the curse.

you gulped at the sudden change in attitude, hanami really seemed to want to fight you all and that all because of their love for the planet.

the special grade curse slowly retracted their arm and placed it on the fabric on their shoulder, now gripping it tightly.

the 3 of you watched in anticipation, slightly scared as what would come next. all the gazes on the curse as you were waiting for their next move.

hanami wasnt finished with their speech yet and continued once more, "all they desire is time." it said while gripping the fabric even tighter.

"get inumaki out!" kamo said while raising his voice. you looked at kamo and he was still intensely watching the curse. you then looked at inumaki and he seemed extremely stressed.

his brows furrowed, his hand holding his turtleneck and his collar fully down which showed his gritted teeth. you saw a little sweat drop roll down the side of his face too.

it broke your heart to see him like this and not being able to do anything, you wanted to envelop him in a hug and would let go when he felt okay again. but you couldnt.

you turned your gaze back at hanami and grew tired at the sight of that annoying curse. "this planet can shine blue once more, given a tiny bit of time." hanami spoke up.

"oh my god, just hurry it up already." you spoke up in an annoyed tone. hanami tilted their head in your direction and took this as a sign to stop talking.

megumi, kamo and inumaki too all looked at you with widened eyes and you looked back as if nothing happened, "what? you guys wanted to hear more of that nonsense?" you frowned at them and looked back at the curse.

hanami summoned some branches and roots of several trees and the mass was floating behind the special grade curse now.

before attacking, the curse spoke up once more. "please die and become sages." and with that, hanami attacked.

all roots and branches were flying to the 4 of you at an incredibly fast rate, you saw megumi already running to the back of the open place you guys were in and followed him.

soon after you ran too, inumaki and kamo followed you as well. the 4 of you now running to god knows where.

you guys were running for an immense amount of time, constantly evading the random branches that came from the ground and tried to catch your feet. luckily no one got caught.

megumi found a door that wasnt blocked by any branches and quickly opened it, he motioned the 3 of you to go in and so you did.

you were the first to enter, you heard the door slam shut and looked back to see megumi holding the door, but nothing came.

lowering your guard, you spoke up. "we must have been out of their reach just now." you said while panting and holding your knees. and you saw kamo nodding at you.

the room was rather dark and red tinted, there were not many windows making it hard for any sunlight to get in. you all figured you had about 5 minutes to catch your breath before hanami found you guys again.

you looked up after slightly catching your breath and looked for inumaki. only to see that he was already looking at you, he was leaning against the door while panting heavily.

not wasting a single second, you spoke up while stading straight up. "inumaki-senpai." you said while smiling at him.