Chapter 5

||Okay so we're skipping to age 10 bc why not right? Enjoy! Thanks for over 500 views on this! You are all the sweetest ever! Sorry this is like moving so fast, but I don't want to bore u the details of 365 x 5 days of tingz. ||

Marinette had been doing her best to keep her memories of Bruce and her brothers in her mind, but things were slipping. She had been wondering for a while now of when she could meet them again. The main thing that was engraved in her memory is of him being Batman. Deciding it that after 5 years was a pretty good time for a reunion she went downstairs for her mama.

"Mama do you think I could call my dad? My real dad." she asked as soon as her eyes caught the short woman. "Why are you suddenly asking Marinette?" "5 years is a pretty good time for a reunion. Don't you think?" "Are you sure about this? You've haven't asked since you were 6." "I'm sure. I don't have much memories of him and I want to get to know him again." That was all Sabine needed to give her the number. (She already has a phone. Like I got my phone at around 9 or 10 so yeah!)

The line rang for a few seconds before a gruff voice spoke. "Hello? This is Bruce Wayne. Who is on the the phone?" Marinette sucked in a breath. "It's me. Marinette."

*With Bruce Wayne*

Her voice made Bruce freeze. Marinette? What? He hadn't seen her in 5 years. He never forgot her of course, but after adopting Tim and finding out he had another blood son made him worry less about Marinette. Now all of a sudden she is calling him? A part of him was happy she reached out. That meant that she never forgot him and that she wanted him in her life.

*Back to Marinette's room!*

"Marinette Cheng-Wayne?" He said making sure it was his Marinette. "Yeah or Marinette Dupain-Cheng." Mari answered, beginning to fiddle with her fingers. What was she supposed to call him. What if he didn't think of her as a daughter anymore? He did ship her off to Paris, but at least her mom was nice, plus there were also friends from school. Did she call him dad, like before or Mr. Wayne? Thinking it through the girl spoke.

*With Bruce Wayne*

"Mr. Wayne I can call another time if your busy."

Why was she calling me Mr. Wayne? He thought. Did she not like him as a father anymore? (Can y'all imagine all the pauses in the convo?) "No. Now is fine. Is there something wrong? How come you're getting ahold of me?" "No . Nothing is wrong. I'm just thought that 5 years is a long time. I want to see you again. I want to see Jason and Dick and Alfred again." Marinette hoped he would say yes. "I'd like that a lot. Also, when did you start calling me Mr. Wayne?"

*With Marinette*

Did he not like being called Mr. Wayne? "Ummm I uhhh don't know what to call you sir." Marinette answered truthfully. "Well you did always call me dad before, but I mean if you aren't comfo-" He was cut off by Mari. "You still want me to call you Dad? You still think of me as your daughter?" Tears of happiness welled up in the girl's eyes. "Of course I do sweetie. I don't have to think it. You are my actual daughter." A smile crept on Bruce's face. That isn't something you always see on the man. "I'll arrange with your mother when we can meet again. There's something that came up. I really need to go. Bye Sweetie!" "Bye Dad!"

The bluenette hung off the phone while using her sleeve to wipe the tears off her face. She fell face first onto her bed sheets hugging her phone. That night she had a smile on her face the whole time and no one could wipe it off.

||That's all for this chapter! Thanks again for over 500 views and over 40 votes! You all are the best! Have the best day ever and stay safe! Bai!||

~Kel❤