03 | The Party

Chapter Three: The Party

It is Friday, the day of Jason's party. Right now, it's lunch break at school and Stephanie and Brooke are seated at their usual table.

"It's Friday, Steph," Brooke says.

"I know that B," she replies.

"So have you thought about it?" Brooke asks.

Stephanie looks at her with confusion written all over her face.

"Thought about what?"

Brooke groans and stares at her like she has sprouted another head.

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nope. Is there something I was supposed to think about?" Stephanie asks.

Brooke isn't really surprised though. Stephanie doesn't think about things that aren't important or essential to her.

"The party," Brooke deadpans.

"You said you'll think about it. It has been two days now. Steph, don't be a kill-joy."

Stephanie glowers at her, "I'm not a kill-joy."

"YOU are going to Jason's party," Brooke commands.

"What are you? My Mum?" Stephanie scoffs.

"If you don't, I'll...I'll..." Brooke trails off as she looks around, thinking of something to threaten her with.

Stephanie chuckles, "You'll what?"

Brooke snaps her head towards her with a mischievous look in her eyes.

"I'll tell everyone you're in love with Christopher," Brooke says smirking.

Stephanie stares at her, her eyes as wide as saucers.

"But it's not true," she whines.

"They wouldn't know, would they? And then everyone in school would know you as the pathetic girl in love with a player," Brooke threatens.

"I'm pretty sure there are a lot of 'pathetic girls' in love with the same player we're talking about. And you wouldn't dare!" Stephanie says.

"Oh Try me. You know Chris is in this café right? I'll just climb this table and announce it," Brooke says menacingly.

She really wants Steph to follow her to the party. She's gonna meet Cole. What if she fucks up?

And knowing Steph, she'll prefer to go to the goddamn party than having to go through the drama that'll come with her saying that to everyone.

"No you won't," Stephanie disagrees.

"Let me see you live your quiet invisible wallflower life after this," Brooke smirks. She knows this is childish but she doesn't care.

"Come to think of it, this is way better than you going to that party," Brooke muses as she slowly stands up.

"Brooke!" Stephanie miffs. "Don't you dare."

"Oh watch me," Brooke smirks and is about to climb the table.

"Wait!" Stephanie panics.

Brooke freezes, glad that her plan is working.

Stephanie knows her too well. It isn't just a threat. Brooke will do it to prove her point. And trust her to love drama. She'll definitely love the drama that'll follow.

"Fine. I'll go," Stephanie gives in.

Brooke smiles with a smug look on her face before sitting back down. Her plan worked. She knows how much Steph dreads drama. How much she hates being the center of attraction.