31

Chapter Song: You Are Losing Me- Chelsea Cutler

After our secret runaway to the Ferris wheel, we met back up with everyone to play some fair games. We found our way back to the ring toss, then the one where you shoot darts at a balloon and I won Cal a bear. He pretended to be mad that he didn't win me anything, but I just laughed. Riley won a fish at the ring toss.

"Why Leopold?" Liam's nose scrunched in distaste.

"Because just look at him doesn't he look like a Leopold?" Riley shoved the fish into his face.

"I mean I guess," he laughed trying to swat it away.

"He's definitely a Leopold," I nodded a look of approval at her. She mouthed thank you back to me. 

We all walked towards ski ball and I decided I wanted something to eat. I heard my stomach grumbling and knew I wasn't going to last much longer before the hanger set in. I asked everyone if they wanted anything and instructed them that I'd be back.

I decided on a pretzel and got in the line of the food truck. I kept thinking about how I was going to tell everyone I quit swim, but I just didn't want to ruin their night. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe I wouldn't even tell them.

I wish I had that option but I didn't anymore thanks to Kylie. I shook my head at the thought, but I know I'll get over it. She didn't do it intentionally. She was a really nice girl. Actually my favorite person on my team, and the closest girlfriend I had besides Riley. Now I wasn't sure if that was because she had a crush on Liam or she actually wanted to be friends.

I guess that was the thing about having siblings. You never knew if someone wanted to be close to you for you or if they actually had other intentions. Probably why Liam told the guys I was off-limits to them. 

Suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist. I jerked away jumping back. I saw who it was and I wished it was Cal. It was worse, Tyler.

"Just when I thought you could be a decent human." I muttered turning back towards the line crossing my arms. I wanted to be alone and enjoy my pretzel in peace.

"Oh, c'mon you don't like that I know you're a little freak." Tyler played with me wiggling his eyebrows.

"Back off," I snapped. I wasn't in the mood for Tyler's playful banter today. Honestly, I was a little offended that he was acting this way after everything that happened earlier.

"Oh she has bite now good for you," he laughed and just looked at me. "You know Noelle is over there talking to Cal right?"

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. I forced myself not to look for Cal. Just in case Tyler really wasn't lying. I trusted him.

"She's been talking about him for weeks and how she knows he wants her," he laughed. I wasn't sure if he was laughing at her or me.

"Well if Cal wanted to be with her he would," I said before ordering my pretzel. I kind of started to lose my appetite but paid for it anyways.

"Or he can have both," he joked. "But I know you don't like to share." 

"You are disgusting Ty," I scoffed. "What's the point of all this? Why are you being like this?" 

I tried to think of the ways I could get rid of him, but I didn't think it would happen so I planted my feet further into the ground waiting for my pretzel.

"KP," he smirked.

"What do you want, Ty?" I groaned.

I really did not feel like talking to this version of Tyler. I had been having a good night so far for this otherwise exhausting day. I was used to Tyler being playful or being a jerk or whatever he felt like for the day. Right now I just wished he would leave me alone. It was enough that he had to be the nice guy earlier, now this. I didn't want to deal with it.