February

Chapter Song: Trampoline SHAED & ZAYN

The days continued to fly by but the weather stayed cold and dreary. I loved it. The snow continued to fall silently. It covered the town in a white pillow top of winter. I knew this winter would be long, but I didn't know it would be this long. Either way, I loved it.  

Cal and I spent more time together when we could. We would study at the Corner Cafe,  or at his house. The only time he would ever come over anymore was to spend time with Liam. When we were at his house, that meant it was our time to spend together.

A part of me thought he still saw me as one of the guys until New Years'. After I saw him outside arguing with Tyler we had left the party. No one was at his house so we had it all to ourselves. We didn't talk about the conversation he had with Tyler. I didn't want to bring it up, whatever it was, was between the two of them. 

I slowly made my way through the arctic tundra of our town after swim practice. We had been back in the pool with the club team for about a month. I always preferred high school swim over our club swim. It was always more relaxed, and less pressure than club.

We had a big meet coming up in April. There were supposed to be college scouts there and everything. Supposedly the coach from Berkeley was going to come. My coach couldn't stop talking to me about it. The whole idea made me want to barf.

It's not that I wasn't thankful for the opportunity to be possibly scouted by Berkeley. It was just I still was unsure about the whole swimming in college thing. It was always a fun idea to dream about when I was little. I even used to dream about the Olympics. I kept trying to remember when it stopped being fun for me, but I couldn't. I could never place it on an exact memory, it happened slowly. 

I pulled into my driveway just in time to see Cal closing our front door behind him. I know they have been having lacrosse practice a couple of times a week for those who wanted to be serious for next season. Especially for those who wanted to win state a fourth time. Maybe he was just playing video games with Liam and Tyler.

Our school's lacrosse team has now won the state title three years in a row. Next year was everyone's senior year. Mason, Liam, and Cal were taking practice very seriously. If they weren't practicing they were at the gym. They already signed up for another lacrosse camp over the summer. I think it was the same one they went to this past summer. Which meant another summer to just Riley and me.

I was looking forward to it, because I know we would find fun things to do. Plus I could put my head into swim and really focus on that. But it didn't mean I wouldn't miss Cal being gone. Hell, I'd even miss Liam and Mason too.

"Hey." I shivered after getting out of my Jeep. The crisp air bit at my nose.

"Hey wanna come over for dinner tonight?" He jogged over to me to wrap me in his arms. He was so warm I didn't want to let go.

"Mhmm..." I hummed into his chest. I appreciated how warm he always was.

"Okay go shower, I'll order a pizza and we can watch a movie or something." He said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. He let go of me and started to jog back across the street.

"Bye!" I called rolling my eyes before making my way inside.

"Hello!" I called into the house waiting for a response. I got nothing.

I rolled my eyes some more and followed the voices downstairs. I knew they were playing video games, but they still could have the decency to say hi back.

"Hello!" I yelled at them finally getting some attention after throwing a pillow at them.

"Hey! You made me die!" Liam groaned throwing his controller down.