Chapter 27

Kadance's POV

I look at the person with shock and horror who is standing in the door way. "R-Ryan?" His name feels like poison in my mouth. "W-What are y-you doing h-here?" The guys are now all awake looking at me and Ryan with confusion.

"I'm here to see my fiancé. To take you back home so we can be a family. Although, I must say I'm not happy with seeing six guys in your room with you." He says in a menacing tone. "After all I've done for you, this is how you repay me?"

"Repay you? For what? You've done nothing for me. Oh, and I'm not your fiancé and I don't want a family with you." I hiss. Ryan looks shock that I am getting upset with him. I would normally give him his way.

"What would Mason think if he heard you say that?"

"Mason? Mason?" I say with anger. "You're right Ryan. What would he think of me? Oh, that's right. He doesn't even know who I am because of you. So, to answer your question, Ryan, he wouldn't think anything if he heard that. I am nothing more than a stranger to him because of you. You can't use my son against me anymore." I scream.

"Do you really think he doesn't know who you are? He knows all about you, Kadance. You're the one who took off and left us. I tell him about you every day. He needs his mother and you're coming home. We are going to be a family." He growls.

"After the abuse you put me through, I'm not going anywhere with you. You would take him away from me for days. I want to be in my son's life, but not with you. If you really cared, you would let me see my son without you." I spit at him. I have no idea where this confidence is coming from. Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would talk to him this way. I guess it's because I feel safe. He can't hurt me here.

He smiles evilly, "We will discuss this once we get home, Kadance. We will get married, and we will be a family. A happy family."

Blayne's POV

The anger is me is boiling over. I'm ready to kill this guy. "She's. Not. Going. With. You!" I growl at him.

"That's not really her or your choice." Ryan says calmly.

"You can't force here to do anything. She's staying with us and that's final." I growl. Jace is now standing by side looks like he's about to attack Ryan any moment.

"In case you forgot, she is a minor. She doesn't have a choice in the matter."

"You're not her legal guardian, besides she's been emancipated. The school has her paperwork. She doesn't have to anywhere with you." I say with my teeth gritted.

Ryan smirks. "You're right about one of those things. I am not her legal her guardian, but my parents are. They took custody of her after her parents died. You're wrong though about her being emancipated though. What's her name on her school paperwork? Oh, that's right Haley Jacobs. Her name is Kadance Kain, not Haley Jacobs. Her paperwork is all a fraud. She hasn't been emancipated."

I look at Kadance and see the horror in her eyes. He's right. He's fucking right. "Kadance, please tell me that you are emancipated under your real name."

"I'm sorry." She cries. "I-I never t-thought about it."

"I think it's time for all of you to leave, before I decided to have kidnapping charges filed against y'all." Ryan says smugly.

"What? Why would they be charged with kidnapping? I came to them." Kadance questions Ryan fearfully.

He responds in a sickly-sweet voice, "Because you, my darling, are a minor while some of them are consider legal adults." He touches her cheek, but she flinches, pissing him off.

"Mom and Dad are here to check you out and then we will be going home." He hisses. He then turns to us. "Get out! Never contact or come near her again."

I go to punch him, but Jace grabs me and pulls me out of the room before I can. He drags me outside the hospital up against wall with the rest of the guys following us. "What the fuck, Jace? We can't just let them take her. Don't you care for her? I thought you loved her." I scream.

"I do care for, and I do love her but hitting him and ending up in jail isn't going to help her."

I slide down the brick wall crying. I don't care who see me cry anymore. "Jace, I can't lose her. I can't."

Jace sits beside me. "You're not going to lose her. She's going to come back home with us, but we have to have a plan and we have to be smart about it. At the moment they have the law and money on their side. His family is loaded."

If she hadn't left that night she would have never been in the accident. This is all my fault. "Did they ever say how the car accident happen?"

"Um. I was able to pull up online." Alex says. "The break line to car was cut. It wasn't an accident."

Jace stands up and punches the brick wall. "Fuck. She was right all along. That sick bastard in there is dangerous."

"What do we do now. Once she gets release from the hospital, they're going to take her away." I say.

"She's still supposed to be in the hospital for a few days. We will figure something out." Alex says.

"I hope you're right."

Ryan's POV

"I'm going to see when we can take you home." I tell Kadance as I walk out of her hospital room. I find my parents with my best friend, Jackson, talking to the doctor. The doctor nods at something my dad says and then walks off. I hate dragging my parents into this, but since they are her legal guardians they had to be here.

"When can we take her home?"

"They wanted her to say for a few days, but you father was able to persuade them with a large donation into letting us take her tomorrow. She will have to follow up with our family doctor once we get home." My mother says.

"Good! The farther away we can get from here and those guys she was staying with the better."

"Son." My father says. "Don't let her get away again. You need to put her in her place, before I do."

"Father, I'm nineteen. I can handle her." I say as I grit my teeth. Trust me, she will never leave me again. "I'm going to get a coffee."

"I'll go with you." Jackson says following me to the hospital cafeteria.

"Thanks for helping me find her."

"No problem, but are you okay?"

"I don't know. I thought she would be a least a little happy when I said we are going to take her home so her, Mason and I could be a family. It also bothers me that she seemed happy with those guys. She should be happy with me. She should love me."

"You're over thinking it, Ryan. She was just in a car accident. She will be happy with you. You bought her an amazing house and y'all will be a happy family. She will love you again. She just needs some time. She has been through some traumatic events." Jackson tell me as enter the cafeteria.

"I don't know. The way she looks at those other guys, she hasn't looked at me like that since her parents died. Jackson, she almost died in that wreck and it's my fault. Mason could have lost his mom and it would have been my fault."

"You weren't trying to kill her. You were trying to get rid of those guys who had her. If anything, it's their faults. If they cared for her like she thinks they do, they wouldn't have let her runaway that night. You have her now. Don't fuck up or there will be more problems. Your dad sees it as an embarrassment that she ran away from your family. If she leaves again, he will kill her."