Chapter 20

Kadance's POV

Blayne goes downstairs, while I get ready for us to go to dinner. I don't own a lot of clothes, but I do have a couple of nice outfits for special occasions. I take a quick shower, blow dry my hair and then put on my dress. I feel so strange wearing a dress, but it looks good on me. I think. The top half is black, and the bottom half is white. It flairs out on bottom and comes down to my mid-thigh. I put a little bit of make-up and a pair of black heals. Once I think I look okay, I head downstairs where Blayne is waiting.

His eyes widen when he sees me walking down the stairs. "Wow! You look beautiful!"

"Yeah, sure. You're just trying to make up from earlier."

"Kadance, you are beautiful, and while I am sorry for blowing up, that's not why I am saying you're beautiful." Kadance? He always calls me Princess

"Umm... Thank you?"

"Let's go." He says while he grabs my hand and leads me to his car.

The car ride is silent besides the music playing on the radio. Blayne seems really nervous, which isn't helping my nerves. Thankfully we pull up to restaurant fairly quickly. I go to open my door, but Blayne has already beaten me to it.

"Princess?" He says as he puts his hand out for me to grab. I take his hand and we walk inside one of the fanciest restaurants I've have ever been to in my life. He had already made reservation, so we are quickly seated. The waitress takes our drink and food orders and leaves the two of us alone.

"So...." I say trying to get rid of the awkward silence between the two of us.

"I'm sorry." Blayne quickly blurts out. "I'm sorry for being rude to you at school. I'm sorry for forcing you to go with us to that stupid party, and I'm sorry for blowing up at you in the kitchen. I'm really sorry for scaring you. Please can you forgive me, Princess?"

I swear my eye balls are about to fall out of my head. The big bad, scary Blayne just apologized to me. He's never apologized to anyone from what I have heard. For a moment I'm speechless. "Thank you."

"Thank you? Does that mean you will forgive me?"

"Yes, Blayne. I kind of have to forgive you anyways."

"Why's that?"

"You have saved me a few times. Thank you for your help."

"No problem." He says with a huge smile on his face. "How about we start over?"

"Sounds great."

"Hi, I'm Blayne. What is your name beautiful?"

"Kadance. It's a pleasure to meet you, Blayne."

"Well Kadance, I think I am going to call you Princess." He says making me laugh.

"So much for starting over." Then we both laugh. I've never noticed it before but when he laughs, he is gorgeous.

We continue with our small talk until our food arrives. I'm having a great time and for the first time in a while, life doesn't seem so bad. I didn't realize how easy it was to talk to him. I swear that I am smiling like an idiot, but it's a real smile. Not the fake ones I always have on my face. We are about to order dessert when I start to get that uneasy feeling again. I then see someone out of the corner of my eye. My blood runs cold, and I feel sick. It's Jackson. Ryan's best friend. I don't know if he has seen me yet, but I know I need to get the hell out of here.

Blayne notices that something is wrong and send the waiter away without ordering dessert. "Are you okay?"

"No." I whisper. "Can we please leave now?"

"Yeah." He doesn't even wait for our ticket. He puts two hundred on the table, and then wraps his arm, around me and we exit quickly. The car ride home is silent besides me crying.

When we get home, the guys are all in the living room playing video games. I quickly run upstairs to my room ignoring all the guys greetings. I slam my door shut and lay on my bed crying. What was Jackson doing here? I knew Ryan would eventually find me, and now I've put people in danger. I have to get away from here, but how?

Jared's POV

The guys and I get home from the movies, but once we get in, we realized Kadance and Blayne are not home. We should have asked Kadance if she wanted to go with us, but she kept herself locked in her room most of the day. I really hope Blayne didn't do something stupid while we were gone. I'm still pissed off at him for what he did in the kitchen. Once everyone goes to sleep tonight, I plan on talking to Kadance about it.

"Where do you think Blayne and Kadance went?" Alex ask, but before anyone could respond Kadance runs through the front door crying ignoring all of us. What did he do to her now?

Blayne walk through the door and I shove him into the wall where he can't move. "What the fuck did you do to her? Haven't you caused her enough problems for one day?" I growl at him. Am I really getting the worked up over a girl?

He's shocked at first, but then shoves me back. "I didn't do anything. I took her to dinner, and we were having a great time until she suddenly wanted to leave. I don't know what happened, but I sure as hell didn't do it." He screams.

"I don't believe you. You've never liked her. You just can't stand that there is one person that is not afraid of your bullshit."

"Jared, you have no clue what I do or don't like. I don't give a fuck what you believe. Leave me alone so I can go and check on her."

"You're not going without me. You might screw shit up again." I yell. The other guys are just staring at me and Blayne. They've never seen us fight much less me get angry. I can't help it. I really like Kadance and I'm not going to let Blayne hurt her more than she already is.

Kadance's POV

There's a knock at my door, and without waiting for a response Blayne and Jared walk in.

"Are you okay? What did Blayne do?" Jared ask. I have to look at him to see if he is serious. He thinks Blayne did something to me?

"I didn't fucking do anything." Blayne says quickly before looking at me nervously like he is no longer sure if he didn't do anything. "Right, Princess?"

"Don't call her that." Jared spits at him.

"Stop!" I yell at both of them. "Jared, Blayne didn't do anything to me. He was actually super sweet to me tonight, and we were having a great time."

"What happen then?" Blayne looks at me with hint of surprise and sadness in his eyes.

"I-I saw somebody." I break into tears again.

"Was is Ryan?" Jared asks. The moment the words left his mouth both and him and Blayne seem to lose color from their faces.

"No. It was his best friend, Jackson. I do-don't know if he saw me but if he did y'all are in danger. Especially you Blayne, because I was with you." I am now crying uncontrollably.

Jared grabs me into a hug, "Shhh...Shhh. It's okay. You are safe, and we are too. Nothing is going to happen to any of us." I feel nice and warm in Jared's embrace, but it also feels wrong. I look at Blayne, and he looks angry, but I am not sure why. I quickly pull away from Jared and give him a small smile.

"I'll be downstairs if you need anything Kadance." He gives me a small kiss on the forehead and walks out of my bedroom but harshly bumps Blayne's shoulder on the way out.

Blayne also turns to leave still seeming angry until I callout for him, "Blayne?"

"Yeah?" He says emotionless with his back turn towards me.

"Can you stay with me please?"

He faces me and the anger seems to melt from his eyes. A small smile appears on his face before he says, "Of course, Princess."

He lays on my bed with me wrapped in his arms. I feel safe. I feel happy. As I fall asleep, he whispers something so lightly to me that I can't make out what he said.