5

A week. A week has gone by and I haven't talked to Asher. I don't know what happened. After the carnival he just has been ignoring me. He comes late to school everyday and just avoids me the rest of the day. He hasn't even been answering my calls. I have to admit, it's really getting to me. I can't take it. I should have known he didn't actually want to be my friend. I'm currently on my way to lunch. 5 periods have passed and Asher won't even look at me. I've decided I will confront him myself. Right as I get my confidence up to talk to Asher Icompletely bumped into someone in the hallway.

"Crap,I'm so sorry I wasn't- wait Asher? Hey I was just coming-"

"Jesus nerd can't you watch where your going." And with that he walked away. I stood there in shock before bolting right passed him and out the front door. I didn't stop running until I reached my house. I locked the door and went up to my bathroom. I pulled out the all to familiar silver blade from my bathroom drawer. This will be the fifth time this week I cut. No one has noticed thankfully. I hear tapping on my window as I slice my pale skin. As I get madder and madder the cuts get deeper and deeper. I let out a screech in pain and continue to cut. By now I'm sobbing as I hear someone come running through my halls. Right as the blade touches my skin for the 14th time someone comes bursting through the bathroom door.

"CASSIDY! Jesus what the fuck happened!" Asher says pulling the blade from my hand and crouching down to my level on the bathroom floor as I sob.

"NO! GIVE IT BACK AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" I scream while pushing Asher away. He doesn't even budge. 

"No Cassidy I'm not leaving you like this what the hell happened." He asks while trying to wipe my tears and comfort me. I slap his hand away.

"YOU PROMISED!" I yell. "YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD NEVER HURT ME AGAIN!" I continue to sob as Asher raps his shirt around my arm revealing his toned six pack. 

"Cassidy I'm so sorry I just-" 

"WHAT DID I DO ASHER? WHAT HAPPENED AFTER YOU DROPPED ME OFF ON SATURDAY NIGHT THAT COULD HAVE POSSIBLY MAKE YOU HATE ME AGAIN?"

"I-I realized-"

"WHAT? WHAT DID YOU REALISE? THAT THE ONLY REASON YOU HAVE GO BE NICE TO ME IS BECAUSE MY PARENTS ARE DEAD?"

"GODDAMIT CASSIDY!" He screams. "IM FUCKING IN LOVE WITH YOU!" I stare at him in shock.

"w-what?" Before Asher is even able to respond I feel a hand on my cheek and a pair of lips meet my mouth. The kiss was short but meaningful. We both looked into each others eyes.

"I-I love you Cassidy. I have for so long I just didn't realize it until Saturday night and after that I realized you probably still Hate me for everything so I just decided to ignore you until my feelings go away. I'm so sorry Cassidy." He says. 

"I-I love you to Asher." I say in a low whisper. I watch as his eyes light up and a smile creeps up on both of our faces. Mine fades quickly as I begin to feel light headed. Asher noticed and looks down at my arm that is still bleeding. When he looks back at my face the last thing I see is his sad and worried expression before everything goes black.

************************************************************************

Hey guys! So I know this chapter is really short, but that's because I wanted to talk about something. This chapter deals with a very sensitive topic that isn't talked about enough. Self harm. So many people go through things like this including myself. Everyone has good days and everyone has bad days. Self harm is something I do not take lightly or as a joke. If any of you guys are dealing with something like this know that you are not alone. Also there are many mental health hotlines you can call or text free of charge. I'm also always here if you need someone to talk or relate too. Please help yourself before it is too late. I love you guys with all my heart and don't want any one of you to go though this alone. YOU matter.❤️