Epilogue #1

Athena's POV

Two Months Later....

"Remi, I think the other dress looks better" I said to my best friend, picking up a pair of gold stilettos.

"Me too, you're talking the red one right?"

"Yeah the red one" I laughed.

Remi and I were on human land, shopping for clothes for the ball that'd be keeping for my announcement as queen. It was tomorrow and I just wanted it to be done with. I hated being the center of attention.

"Okay then, the red dress it is" Remi announced putting back the black one in the bundle. "Now it's your turn"

"I already picked my dress " I showed her the gold sequined layered backless gown that I'd snatched earlier.

"Did you try it on?" She asked, grabbing the dress from me and analyzing it.

"No, give me the dress and I'll do that now"

She handed it over and I walked to the dressing room. The mirror in front of me assessed my whole body figure as I stripped from my clothes left only in my bra and panties; I pulled on the dress, thankful there wasn't a zip. I put on the 4 inch matching golden stilettos then looked in the mirror. The dress fitted well and matched my new golden tan. I pulled my hair from the messy bun it was in and watched as the wavy curls bounced on my shoulders.

"Are you done?!" I heard Remi yell from outside. I smiled walking from the dressing room.

When I looked up Remi's eyes were wide open.

"Wow bestie you look- I'm just at a loss for words"

I laughed, giving her a spin.

"Future queen goals, right?" Remi smiled.

"You know it"

***

I looked in the mirror at myself if you told me I'd be here ready to be crowned queen of hell I wouldn't believe. But look at me, my now wavy black hair was in a messy side bun curly ringlets fell out here and there. The dress and heels I chose was the perfect choice.

"A?"

"Yeah" I said, turning around to face Remi at my room door.

"We're ready" she announced and immediately I was nervous. I was about to meet gods and goddesses, demons of all kinds.

"Come on" Remi called holding out her arms for a hug.

I rushed into it. Letting out a sigh of relief I had people here who loved me. If anything went wrong I'd be fine with them by my side and with the newfound confidence, I muttered a thank you to Remi. And followed behind her as she led us to the ballroom.

The place was wonderfully decorated with amazing lighting. The space was packed with different people and I nearly felt suffocated, no one knew me at least not until the announcements.

"You okay?" Remi asked.

"Yes, where is Luce?"

"Uh, over there" she gestured her head in his direction.

I smiled. He looked hot in his slacks. He wasn't smiling though. I wonder what the problem was.

"Luce you okay?" I asked when I got to him.

"Yes I am, oh uh the announcements will be taking place now, are you ready?"

I grinned, "As ready as I could be in this moment"

He grabbed my hands and pulled me towards the stage.

He grabbed the mike from the man that was playing the piano in the corner and went to the center of the stage with me trailing behind him.

"Good afternoon everyone" his strong voice resonated throughout the room.

The ballroom became silent and everyone's head was turned to the king.

"This event came about with the sole cause of my mate becoming queen, as some of you might have already known" he paused and whole room burst out in a series of claps, "My mate Athena Blackwood will now take a sacred oath on River Styx promising her loyalty to this kingdom, her body and soul to abide by the rules of hell and to live in death."

I cleared my throat suddenly feeling nervous of all the eyes on me, "I Athena Blackwood, swear on river Styx that my loyalty will forever be to the underworld, my body and soul will abide by the rules of hell and I will forever live in death"

My palm was slit by a wooden scary looking knife and my blood combined with that of Lucifer's, the thunder rolled and the underworld shook at the oath just taken, reminding me I could never break it.

"It is done. I now declare you queen of the underworld. Athena blackwood." Lucifer gave me a cunning grin taking up a golden crown engraved with skulls holding the aura of death, he placed it on my head.

"Now bow to your queen"

Everyone started bowing, one by one, until only one man was left standing and I gasped as the realization hit me, Michael? I thought he was dead?!

Lucifer sighed, "I should've known"

Michael laughed, "Yes you should've brother and now that she's queen I have everything I need all your powers are now being transferred to her. A little trick I've learned over the past few years, soon Lucifer you're gonna be nothing but dust" he laughs maniacally and I look at rush in worry he looked at me as if to say not to worry but I was, I was terrified. True to Michaels words my mate was rapidly dissipating into dust.

"What- what's happening? Luce? Do something!" I yelled at him frantic tears falling from my eyes.

"I- I can't, my powers are being transferred without them I'm going to be mortal and when mortal comes death. Look Athena, I'm glad the person my powers are being transferred to is you and no one else but you. Just know that I will forever be in your heart." And with that he disappeared.

I fell to the floor crying angry at myself and at Luce for letting this happen so quickly but mostly at Michael when I looked up everyone stood up and Michael nowhere to be seen. I wiped my tears and stood up.

I was now their queen and I was going to avenge my mate and bring him back to me to where he belonged.

I looked down at the crowd and nodded as they all shouted.

"Hail the queen!"