•13•✔

Athena's POV

I laughed along with April as we sat in the living room watching 'The Duff', one of my favourite shows.

Remi was silent in the corner looking deep in her thoughts.

April looked content, relaxed and eating popcorn. A few hours ago she was scared about Rush being her mate but eventually talked to him. Rush was really mad when he heard about her past, and promised to protect her.

Remi had stormed off to her room muttering curses under her breath. As her best friend I knew something was wrong, my best bet would be on the fact that Rush found his mate and she liked him. Remi didn't usually like or fall for boys often, she was like the girl version of a player. It sure is rare that she liked Rush.

Lucifer told me that Fenrir, apparently the wolf God he and Rush were speaking about earlier, was coming to meet me tomorrow, to say I was nervous would be an understatement.

How would you feel meeting a God?

Intimidated, I know.

I hope he will at least have some information about my real parents. I would really want to know if they were alive or at least something.

I sat up from the couch zombie walking to the kitchen. I needed something to drink, hopefully they had milk. Some people find it weird for my love of drinking milk or the fact that I'm mostly thirsty for it. I pulled open the fridge taking out the jug of goodness. I took up a glass and poured some in. I slowly sipped on it like hot tea, walking lazily back to the living room. Looking down, something caught my attention, it was my hand, it glistened?

"What the actual jelly beans?" I whispered.

Don't judge, I try to avoid cursing at times.

It glistened again, a shimmering gold colour, it looked like scales. Scales you'd usually see on a snake. As I was about to call for Remi and April, it disappeared. Probably just a figment of my imagination.

I sat back on the couch watching as April sang through the intro of a barbie cartoon.

What can I say? The girl missed out on her childhood.

"Could you shut up?!" Remi asked in a bitchy tone.

"Remi!" I exclaimed, shocked by her behavior.

She rolled her eyes and stormed off to what I'm guessing is her room.

"I'm sorry for her behavior" I apologized to April, "She's not normally like this"

"I get it, I just came here and met you guys, I guess I shouldn't have been acting this way"

"You haven't been acting anyway, you were just being yourself" I assure.

She smiled, "I did annoy her"

I gave her a sad smile motioning her to continue watching the movie.

I needed to talk to Remi.

I knocked on her door.

"Who is it?" She called out.

"It's Athena" I answered, "Can I come in?"

"Sure, the door's open anyways"

I open the door, closing it behind me.

"Remi, what's wrong?" I asked, getting straight to the point. I walked towards her bed sitting down beside her, she looked away from me with tears in her eyes. I was officially worried.

"It hurts" she cried suddenly. Her shoulders shaking as she sniffles and wipes her tears.

"What hurts?" I asked.

"Seeing him with her, I mean I know she's his mate but I just can't" she explained.

I nodded. I understood her situation, I mean when you fall for someone it's hard for you to move on. Noted Remi only met Rush a few days ago but I guess it was love at first sight for her but Rush has a mate now and I can only hope she gets a happy ending.

"Remi, April is Rush's mate and there is nothing we, you can do to stop that, you'll just have to find it in your heart to accept it and move on." I said.

We sat there talking while she silently cried, she was my best friend and I'd always be there for her.