Beating heart

Levi's p.o.v

Historia hit my arm, it made me chuckle; cocky brat. These people had become my new squad, my new family and friends. It was humbling that they thought they could joke with me like that. "Thankyou...I needed that". Eren looked so nervous, he really respects me too much. I wish he could be more like that with me. I need that now more than ever.

After a few minutes everyone left but I noticed Eren stopped to fix a buckle on his shoe and then he lingered in the hall for a bit. I didn't think anything of it so I planned to go to Erwin's office for further orders for the day.

"Lev *cough* c-captain!" Eren called me, did he wait till no one was around? I didn't want any personal confrontation, not at a time like this. My emotions began to boil up inside me about everyone I've lost and I'm scared to loose him. What I feel for him confuses me. All want is to cry but who cares for me, I'm just the intimidating captain that refuses to show emotion.

"Eren..."

His emerald eyes calmed me down. I slowly approached him and tried not to cry. Eren. You understand me like no one else does, we both lost our mothers very young. We both have lost everything. We both want the same things, is that why I want you?

Sometimes my body just moves on it's own. I rest my head against his shoulder, burying my nose into his neck. He was so warm. So soothing. Eren wrapped his arms around me "come here, it's okay" I think he said I couldn't tell. Tears fell town my flushed cheeks. I heard his heart beating erratically but it slowed down mine. I hadn't been his relieved for as long as I could remember.