Craving

(Cut to season 3)

Now I'm here in in a huge crystal cave, chained to the ceiling. Historia has just decided to spare my life. "Just let me die! Eat me historia, turn into a Titan and end all of this!".

"Shut up you idiot and stay still!" She shouted as she fiddled with each key to try to free me from the restraints. Blood streamed down my face and diluted with my tears. My vision was blurry but in the distance I saw flashes of reflective swords. Levi, mikasa, Armin...they found me. They'll get killed because of me! I'm sick of people dying for me. The next thing I knew, my vision was compromised. Titan smoke filled the room and a huge spine formed in front of me. Historia's Dad had managed to consume what was left of the Titan serum.

Levi shot through the smoke with the rest of our squad. I haven't been so happy and worried to see someone in my life. He was the only one that could lead us. I can't let him die to save me. Same goes for everyone else. They eventually gathered behind me after taking out Kenny's squad. To my surprise they mocked me for having a breakdown and said I was worthless like this. Although they were joking, it was true. The only way I could see my way out of this was by transforming into a Titan but the ceiling would probably cave in.

Levi looked at me, those eyes made me want to fight after everything he's been through and he's still fighting. "Eren I hate that I do this to you all the time, but you have to make a decision" he believed in me. He actually trusted me with the situation.

I saw I bottle of similar fluid to the Titan serum. It spelt 'harden', putting two and two together I had a obvious hunch of what it meant. My gut feeling lead me and I drank it then everything went. The sound. My sight. The only thought I had in my mind was to protect everyone.

"Eren! Can you hear me?" Mikasa's voice echoed in the back of my mind. I opened my eyes to see Mikasa and Jean pulling me out of a crystallised form of my titan body. We all took a few minutes to catch our breath, I was shocked I managed to do that.

"Not too shabby Eren, even after we cut you out the titan body has stayed there". Levi looked at me with an expression of relief on his face. I realised in that moment, I was finally even with Levi, for saving me on the day I first met him. Maybe he could see me as an equal now. An empty feeling still lingered in my chest. My face became flushed and I felt my eyes tear up. Levi...I'm sick of being so professional with you, I've known you so long now, we've saved each other. Surely I'm not reading too much into this, too many personal things have happened. This isn't just a work relationship. I crave your attention. I daydream about seeing you smile and have the pain you feel taken away...

My daydream continued a little longer as I watched him look for ways out of the cave. He turned to me; raven hair framing his face making his gaze hypnotic. I can't loose him. I can't loose anyone anymore.