Tell 'em that it's my birthday

Here is half the chapter sorry my loves. READ NOTE AT END

April and I decided to go shopping for my birthday the next day. I was still a bit groggy and fatigued but at least moving around wouldn't make me feel so nauseous.

I pulled on a pair of black leggings, black t-shirt over my bralette and a pair of Nike running sneakers for comfort. I figured we were going to do a lot walking so I decided to dress comfortable.

We reached the mall in fifteen minutes, April had borrowed my mom's car and promised to bring it back in the condition she got it. I had to laugh at that, knowing April that promise was more painful than losing your virginity.

"So where to first?" I asked looking at the giant stadium like mall filled with over one hundred and fifty outlets.

"Hmmm. I'm not sure" she said placing her hands on her hips, spinning 360 to observe her surroundings.

"Let's go to David's Bridals!" She yelled pulling me along up the the escalator to the floor above.

"That wedding dress store?"

"Yeah! My friend got her prom dress from there" she explained pushing the door open, the chimes above the door announced our presence.

Let's get to trying"

~~~

It was the next day and that meant I'm turning 18. Which is pretty exciting because I'm officially legal now.

The first thing on my list of events was to get my hair done, I decided to go with an ombré look a dark brown to medium brown with beach wave curls. Mel will be doing my makeup and I already have my dress made, let just say I'm more excited than I sound.

We didn't find anything at the mall, April and I did a rush order on a dress I saw on a poster I saw at the mall but added my own little flare to it. That dress should be done around five to pick up, I was super excited.

April and I took my mother's car again to the mall where I made an appointment at the Ulta beauty salon, it was my first time so I hope and prayed they don't mess up my hair. April reassured me that they were amazing and she promised to take me to the same person that does her highlights, lowlights, blowouts and even her haircuts.

Here's the look I'm going for (below )

"I have a reservation at twelve for Alex"

The young lady at the desk looked up blinking her natural long lashes at me.

"Name?" She asked popping her minty gum.

Yikes.

"Kendyl Johnson"

She typed really quickly on her keyboard chewing loudly. I glanced at April inwardly cringing.

"Alex will be in here in a few minutes, have a seat in the waiting area to the left please" she pointed to a small cushioned area in the corner of the salon. There were two chairs and black coffee table in the middle, piled on top were magazines from different companies, Elle, Vanity fair, Vogue etc.