XII. Drunk

Hange was laughing so hard.

So hard, that it was irritating the shit out of Levi.

"Will you shut the fuck up?!" he said through gritted teeth.

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't help it!" she was treating the wounds on his fist, cleaning it and putting a bandage around it. She was readjusting the bandage when she squeezed his broken knuckles by accident.

"Ouch! Fuck! Will you be careful, shitty - eyes?"

Hange was still laughing hysterically. "S-sorry,... Hahaha!"

Levi rolled his eyes.

After what happened in his office earlier, he couldn't go back there, knowing that (F/N) would still be there. And probably still angry at him.

"Anyway, that's what you get for insulting a woman, Levi."

"What did you say?"

Hange finally let go of his hand and took away her medicinal kit. He couldn't go to the infirmary to get his injury checked, for the nurse might get suspicious on how he actually got his wounds. His secret might be revealed, then. So, he had no other choice but to go to Hange's office to have it treated. He was actually quite regretting the decision he made to have the mad scientist treat him a few minutes later after telling her everything that happened between him and (F/N) an hour ago.

And she was still laughing like mad at him.

I swear, if I get my strength back,...

"What I mean to say is that we women are kind and patient. Just don't test our kindness and patience or even make us mad. You will surely regret it if you do. (F/N) is no exception to that. That's what you get for making her mad."

Levi looked at her and finally decided to ask her the one question he dreaded so much. "Is she always like that? That girl?"

"(F/N)? What do you mean by that?"

Levi looked away, embarrassed. No other female in his life has given him a total backlash of insults like what (F/N) did, not even Mikasa. The gloomy brat would just glare at him with murderous intent for ordering Eren around, but that's about it.

(F/N), on the other hand, may be timid and obedient. But, damn, the wrath she displayed,...

...she was even creepier than Mikasa, herself.

"What I mean to say is, does she always get angry like that? I mean, she's your subordinate, and all, you must've known her for quite a long time."

Hange smiled. It was actually the first time that he asked her about (F/N).

Levi,... seemed to have learned his lesson, she thought. But, that injury! If he didn't infuriate (F/N) in the first place, it would surely not get this bad.

"I've known (F/N) for almost two months, yes." she stood up and went to her desk to fetch herself some sweet treats. "She's a very quiet and shy person. As you may have witnessed, yes, she's weak compared to other girls here. But, she more than makes up for it with hard work and dedication to her job, which are the two things that others lack in this line of profession." She went back to the pink sofa where Levi was currently sitting and offered him a treat. He shook his head in refusal and she just plopped back down beside him, eating the treat she offered him. "But, you know, it was actually the first time I've heard her act like that. Considering the fact that, well,..."

Hange was hesitating but, Levi knew exactly what she was being hesitant about.

"I heard you, you know." he said. "That day when,..."