Chapter 31

Comment and Vote.

Oh no, did I get too close?
Oh, did I almost see?
What's really on the inside
All your insecurities
All the dirty laundry
Never made me blink one time
So come just as you are to me

Don't need apologies
Know that you are all worthy
I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm I would
I do it all because I love you
I will love you unconditionally

Artist: Katy Perry Song:Unconditionally

Sage’s Pov.

The next couple of weeks pass by as normally as possible with all the “sexual tension” as Aubrey liked to call it. When it was finally time to go back to school, it was weird seeing Marnie again.

She would prance up to Blaze as if I wasn’t even there and say “Hi” in the most seductive voice she could muster, and rub a hand down his chest while she was at it. I didn’t even have to say anything because Blaze would do that for me, by yanking her hand off of him and telling her not to touch him.

I would smile and pull him with me to our seats. Zac has been less worrisome lately. He’s been just going with the flow and hitting on Lana; basically being his normal self. It was Friday night, we had nothing to do, and the gang was over just chilling around the house.

“Ahba,” Matthew squeaked and Mark immediately picked him up and laid him down on Aubrey’s lap who started to play with the baby’s legs, which caused him to squeal with laughter. I smiled at them; they truly were a cute little family. I felt eyes on my face so I looked up and when I did, Blaze looked away. That was strange.

I guess Blaze’s Father called because he looked at the phone confused but left the room anyway. I turned my attention to Zac, who just shrugged completely confused.

Lana decided to start talking, “So are you raising him as your own? Or will you tell him about his mom?” She was sitting on the recliner; Zac was on the floor at her feet, his head resting on her thigh. She just absentmindedly played with his hair.

“We decided to tell him he’s our nephew. There’s no telling how many times his mom will show up in his life and we couldn’t just shut her out.” Mark replied looking up for a brief moment before looking back down at the baby.

“He doesn’t need her in his life; he’ll be fine without her.” Zac muttered bitterly, closing his eyes in relaxation.

“I hate her just as much as you Zac, but I won’t raise him to hate his mom, he’ll have him own views on her as the time comes. I don’t have any faith in her, but maybe he will. Maybe she’ll come around and be able to visit. I already sent the guardianship papers to her.” Aubrey told us with a smile.

Then Blaze came out with a scowl on his face, and dropped his phone on the table. So Zac braved his bad mood and asked, “So what’s with the mean look?”

Blaze eyes dropped down to me, then back to Zac. “My Father wants me to come to a dinner with the family tonight.” I smiled but was confused as to why he emphasized me.

“Soo basically you’re just waiting for us to invite ourselves. Well no need to ask, we’re coming. Weird enough he didn’t invite Sage, he’s planning something, and we’re going to crash it!” Zac beamed at everyone in the room, and I swear we all had the same thought on our mind. His dad was planning to sabotage something.

I dragged Blaze into the bedroom and sat him down on the bed, he was going to help me pick out something, knockout, so that I could prove his dad wrong. If I get on Blaze’s Father’s good side, maybe Blaze will consider not ending the deal, and making it real.