Chapter 14

I'm dedicating this to ToastedBagels because I absolutely loved her book Accidental Tourists and Float is great too! Charlie and Trevor! Her writing is great and it reminds me of Sara Dessen.

Silly me, look what I did again 
I found what I want 
Is what I cannot have 
I didn't mean to be so predictable 
But I blame it all on who made you irresistible 
And it isn't something I need 
'til you tell me I can't 
Why wear my heart on my sleeve 
When it looks so good in your hand?

My heart breaks in a heart beat 

And you storm me when you come and go 

Artist: Sara Barellies

Song: Undertow

Sage’s Pov.

“Aubrey I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Zac warned actually on my side.

“Come on Zac, she’s twenty-one and about to marry him, there’s nothing wrong with sleeping on a bed with him. It’s not like he’s going to rape her.” Aubrey told him flipping her hair over shoulder and laying back onto the couch.

“Aubrey you can’t just push-“ I cut him off. I appreciated what Zac was trying to do, but there was no point, Aubrey was not someone you wanted to argue with and I could spend one night with Blaze. I mean my attraction had to be only visibly deep. I was only attracted to his face, I think.

“It’s fine Zac. She’s right; I might as well get use to sleeping with him since we’ll be doing it every day soon enough.” I told him proud that I actually got that out without stuttering.

“Doing it every day huh?”That slow Taylor smirk appeared on Aubrey’s face.

I sighed and threw my head back into the seat, pushing my knees up to my chin. Aubrey seemed to have that deep thought look on her face. The same one Zac got the other day when he said I was going to fall in love with Blaze, and I tried to smother him with a pillow.

“You two sure are a weird couple. Like I understand no PDA but like it’s just us here, and Sage is sitting all the way across the room from Blaze, and you barely touch. Once again the only way I could tell there was something there was the kiss you two shared in the car in front of my house.” I’m also beginning to think these siblings had a thing for always trying to decode things.

“What do you want me to do, go sit on him?” I asked sarcastically, but this only seemed to please her.

“Well yeah! If anything during the movie or something” Aubrey nodded, and I felt like shooting myself in the foot for even mentioning it.

We turned off the lights and slid the snacks in front of all of our backs against the long couch. We were watching Grown Ups 2, and I was beginning to like this movie. Zac fell asleep half-way through, Mark and Aubrey were whispering sweet nothings into each other’s ears smiling, and Blaze and I were sitting awkwardly close. I was sitting on his lap, our legs tangled and I was resting my head on his shoulder. I know this was uncomfortable for both of us because of how tense we were.

“Smooth move,” he whispered into my ear.

“Well I’m sorry; I didn’t expect her to take it literally.” I whispered forcefully back, my lips brushed his ear lobe and he shuddered. I wiggled around on his lap trying to get comfortable, because if I was going to have to be on his lap for a while longer, then I was going to be comfortable.