Fear

Kate sat at the bar, drinking a beer. She was still reeling from three of the Mikaelsons coming back into her life. She left in the first place because she was afraid of Klaus, but she'd become stronger than she used to be. That is, physically. Kate didn't know if she wanted to let them back in. The Mikaelsons came with too many tormenting memories.

Without realizing it, Kate had drank all of her beer. Matt walked up to her. "Want another one?" he asked.

"No, I need something stronger. Bring me some shots, but leave the bottle," she said. Matt walked off. Kate laughed to herself. Here she was, trying to drink away all of her problems. She was more like Damon than she thought. Kate shook her head. If she was going to be like Damon, then she was even more screwed up than she thought.

After six or so shots, Kate felt a little dizzy. She decided she should go back to Damon's. As she got off the stool, she stumbled. Fortunately, somebody caught her.

"Easy there, love," a familiar British accent called. Kate froze. She'd know that voice anywhere. "Surprised?" he asked. Kate turned around to face him.

"Kol," she muttered. She couldn't function. She had spent so much of her life trying to hide from him, yet here he was. He steadied her so that she was standing, but didn't let go of her arm.

"Now, why do you sound so disappointed?" he joked.

"How the hell did you find me," Kate snarled.

"You know just as well as anyone that when you get one Mikaelson, you get them all. Shame I couldn't be here for the big family reunion, but how about we make it up with our own reunion," he taunted, getting closer. There was something about Kol that made her lose every ounce of strength she had in her. Normally, she would have been able to get out of this by now, but he had an effect on her. "Let's go somewhere quieter," he whispered, before speeding off and out of the Grill. He brought her to the alley behind the restaurant. Finally, he let go of her arm.

"What do you want?" Kate asked.

Kol held his hands up in defense. "I just want to talk."

"We couldn't have done that inside?"

"Why do you sound like you're afraid of me?" he asked, sincerely.

"Trying to kill someone has that effect."

"You know exactly why I tried to do that."

"Yeah, I know. You thought you were being romantic, that we would be together forever. You never thought about asking me, though-"

"You would have said no!" he yelled, scaring the both of them. "I thought I knew what I was doing. I made a mistake, but I'm glad I did it. If it wasn't for me, you would be dead right now."

"That doesn't make it okay!" Kate cried.

"I know. That's why I came here. I want to try again-"

"No, Kol!" He sped over so he was only inches away.

"Our love was epic, dangerous, and wild. I'm not leaving here until I get you back." In the blink of an eye, Kol sped off into the night, leaving Kate speechless. She felt something she hadn't felt in a long time, fear.