Chapter 9...

Not fully Edited! 

Thank you @MidNiGHtRed3478 for the great cover above! I absolutely love it! <3 <3 (If you want to make any covers or banners for this story feel free to! Just message me for my email :) ) 

If you know of a good song comment which one you think would fit this chapter! <3

The next day flew be pretty quickly and sooner than I thought it was Wednesday night and Mace and I were sitting on the couch watching Re-runs of Friends. My legs were hanging off the side of the couch while my head was on a pillow besides Macey's lap. Macey was curled up into a ball with a bowl of popcorn staring intently at the tv screen. My own popcorn bowl was laying on my stomach as I ate it.

We both munched quietly on our popcorn as we watched the show with renewed interest even though we had seen every episode at least 3 times. You could never go wrong with Friends especially when there was nothing else on to watch. It was nearing 10 o'clock and we had been in the same position for a good hour.

Both of us should have been getting ready for bed since we had class tomorrow but we still didn't move. Even though I only had one class left tomorrow I was ready for the weekend. The first week of college has really worn me out and I wanted nothing more than to sleep in and not do homework. But sadly I did have homework. College definitely wasn't like high school on the first day of school.

"You know their pizza looks really good. Wonder where they get it." Macey pondered out loud. I answered in agreement because the pizza Joey always had did look really good. As the current episode we were watching continued I thought back to yesterday night. Back to Gage's fight.

*****

After Gage was declared the winner he walked out of the ring and headed back to the room we were in before, not even a glance in my direction. Since I didn't want to get caught up in the crowd that was getting ready to leave I held onto Dylan's shirt as he weaved his way to the back room. We were almost there when a hand gripped my elbow pulling me away from Dylan. Whirling around I came face to face with a very pissed off Macey.

Her green eyes were narrowed and her face was flushed. I wanted to take a step back from her look, afraid she was going to kill me. I tilted my body away from her knowing a yelling rant was on its way out of her throat.

"Carter where the hell have you been?! I have been looking for you all over the place. I thought you were killed or kidnapped! You just disappeared leaving me to worry about you." She ranted waving her hands in the air. I tried to talk but she never stopped in her rant, so I stood there taking it in. When she stopped to take a breath I went to say something when another voice spoke before me.

"Carter are you coming?" Dylan asked behind me. At hearing my name Macey's eyes widened as she looked between Dylan and I. I knew she was about to spew out questions any moment.

"I'm coming." Not waiting for Macey I grabbed her wrist and tugged her after me. Behind me I could hear her sputtering but ignored her. When we got in the room Dylan shut the door after us. I barely let Mace's wrist go before she turned to me and shouted out questions one after another, again.

"I'm sorry." I finally said once she was done. "Some guy cornered me and wouldn't let me pass so I lost you and Amy. Dylan here came to help me and before I knew it I was up front watching the fight." Macey turned to Dylan and I watched as her eyes widened.

"Wait you're in my Math class." She pointed at him.

"I'm Dylan and you are?" Dylan took that moment to sweep in with a charming smile.