Chapter 30

HAN POV

HAN POV

Lee Know's apartment was so much nicer than mine. To get inside, we went through a revolving door with gold handles. Inside, there were black and white marble, tiled floors that led to elevators with golden doors. There wasn't a landlord's office at the front, but instead, there were a dozen or so people in professional outfits waiting to help the tenants.

Lee Know walked in like it was no big deal but I couldn't tear my eyes away. "You live here?" I asked, my mouth still open in shock.

"So do you," he smirked. He pulled me towards the elevators and I stared closely at the intricate detailing etched into the gold doors. They slid away from each other, and we stepped inside. There was an elevator operator dressed like ones I'd seen in movies.

"Lee Know," he greeted, "How was your trip?"

"It was great, thank you," he replied. "This is Han. He'll be staying with me from now on."

I held my hand out, and he shook it firmly. If Lee Know wasn't here, I'd probably feel like I didn't belong. This was much too luxurious of a building for me. But I fit with him now. If he was here, I'd be here.

The elevator kept going further and further up. "Are you on the top floor?" I joked.

"No," Lee Know laughed, and so breathed a sigh of relief that at least he wasn't that much better off than me.

"I'm second to the top."

My eyes went wide. Even though I hadn't grown up in the city, I knew the higher an apartment, the more it costs. Lee Know could probably tell how out of place I was feeling because he stroked his thumb over the back of my hand.

"You'll love the view," he smiled.

Eventually, the elevator came to a stop and the doors glided open. Lee Know and I stepped forward to the door right across the hall.

"Hyunjin and Felix might be here, so...sorry about that," he explained before using his key fob to get inside.

I knew why he was sorry the second we got inside. Hyunjin and Felix rushed over, infantilizing me the way most people do when they're around someone with a fatal disease.

"Han, how are you?" Hyunjin asked in a voice that was higher than normal.

"I'm fine," I replied, hoping to get this over with. I wanted everyone to act normal around me. "Did my stuff make it here?" I asked as I looked around. Their home looked spotless.

"Yes! We helped put everything away in Lee Know's room."

Hyunjin led me down the hall and opened the door. Lee Knows room was exactly what I would've expected. The view was incredible and we could see for miles. Additionally, all of his furniture was sleek and modern, and it was perfectly organized. It showcased the personality of someone who liked order and control. That was Lee Know.