Chapter 25

LEE KNOW POV

LEE KNOW POV

I pulled up to Han's apartment building and was lucky enough to find street parking right away.

When I'd finally stopped the car, I looked over at Han. He looked so tired, and I almost felt bad that I hadn't pulled off for a hotel, but it would've only been an hour more. He was leaning against the window and barely awake.

"Hey, baby," I whispered. "We're here."

Han's eyes fluttered open, and he looked around and out at his building in front of us. He yawned and undid his seatbelt and took a sip of my drink that I'd left for him.

"You still want to stay?" he checked again.

"Han," I sighed, upset that he'd been abandoned so many times that it was impossible for him to just believe me, "Of course I do."

The way his face lit up for a moment made my heart break. I'd stay with him for as long as he'd let me, and I could've killed Han's parents for not doing a better job at making him feel loved.

I hopped out of the car and went to help him. I was glad he didn't fight my assistance anymore. He held his hand out for me and stumbled a bit as he stepped down.

"Let's head up and then I'll come down and grab our bags, yeah?"

His face blushed, but he nodded. Last time he hadn't been so poorly off, and we'd done everything in one trip. I didn't want to carry our bags though and not have a free hand to catch him if something happened.

Han took slow, purposeful steps up to his apartment, and I patiently went at his pace. Once at his door, he tore off an eviction notice and let himself in. He tried to pretend it didn't exist and threw it away.

"You're being evicted?" I asked.

"Guess so," Han mumbled, moving to sit on his couch.

"Han, I can help," I offered. I'd probably pay his landlord even if he told me not to but it would be nice for it to not be a fight.

"No point," he muttered. He'd pulled his knees into his chest as he sat and was staring at the floor.

"You need somewhere to live, baby. Just let me pay him."

"I have 60 days from the notice to leave. Doubt I'll need longer than that," he explained in a small voice.

"Han, don't say that," I scolded him.

"It's true, though."

I sat beside him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. He begrudgingly slumped into my side.

"I'm going to find someone who can help. Actually..." I pulled out my phone and dialed the number of the doctor in Boston again. I left him another message, and Han didn't argue with me on it this time.

"I don't want you to get your hopes up," Han told me, his eyes pained.

"I don't want you to give up hope," I replied. I kissed his cheek and stood to go get our things from the car.