Chapter 30 - Persuasion

A/N: I believe this is the first time any book I've written has reached chapter 30 without me cringing at it. Yay me! I appreciate you guys for your support, if it wasn't for you guys, I probably wouldn't have gotten this far. But don't worry, we're still not even close to the end!

---

"Finally!" Y/N grinned at the sight before her. It had taken a while, but she had finally found some demon slayers to test her blood demon art on. "It took so long to find humans actually willing to fight." She folded her arms across her chest, her smile faltering a little. Yeah, she wanted to learn about her abilities, but part of her was hoping she'd never come across her old colleagues. Even if these were the lowest rank of the corps. The demon and slayer within her fought like having a devil and an angel on her shoulder...learning her abilities was more important than the lives of these two. They'd help her. Their deaths wouldn't be for nothing, but at first, she wanted to play with her food. It was just the demon and the two young slayers, who hadn't even reached twenty years old. Most of the corps didn't make it to that age anyway...

"Lady y/n! There's a search party for you." One desperately spoke.

"Oh really?" Y/N pretended to be unsurprised. Her heart ached as she knew the moment she was found by a strong enough corps member, it would be the end. She could only hope it wasn't the flame hashira that came to kill her.

"Yes. Please, you don't need to fight..."

"You were even promoted to hashira! Come back with us." Her heart warmed up with pride, knowing that she had reached that goal. But it made no difference now, it wasn't possible for her to be a hashira. Not anymore.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't trust that." Y/N stated, remembering her breathing styles. She would start with ones that did the least damage and then work her way up to the kill. As a warm up, she started with the one she had already tried. Her fourth form, dark horse. With just a simple wave of her wrist, little effort went into covering the three in the black cloud of the horse nebula. She used the smoke to camouflage herself, grinning happily as she watched the poor little demon slayers brace themselves with their swords. The horror on their face when they realised they couldn't hear a thing made her excited, this wouldn't even hurt them. It was purely for fun.

Together they freaked out as they saw the foggy form of a horse speed towards them, completely distracting them from y/n. She stopped the horse just as it would have trampled them, tapping each of their shoulders as a motivation to turn them around.

"Boo." She laughed, even if they couldn't hear her. The clouds disappeared and she stepped back happily, joyous over their traumatised faces. She chose to push away the guilt. This definitely wasn't a method of torture, right? Even if it was, part of her wondered how the sound Hashira would handle this move without his strongest ability. Maybe she actually stood a chance against him for once...

She didn't stop there of course, there were so many things to experiment with! Her next move would be her second form, the storm that shaped a hexagon. It's winds and clouds reaching intensely high speeds as the attack as their dark blue faded into gold. Using the winds to her advantage she leapt forward, giving one of the slayers a shove that pushed them off balance and then getting blown away in the rotation of the attack. He was too slow to react, so there was nothing he could do. The other kid was smarter, y/m realised, as he used her storm to his advantage the best he could. She smirked as he raised his sword against her, aiming for her neck. The hexagon storm was a cyclone of the planet Saturn, and since it was, why not follow the theme? She recalled her first form. Saturn also had rings, a more well known fact, she even had a necklace at one point with the ringed planet as a pendant. She would have to get that back at some point.