Chapter 26 - Health

A/N: Back into the swing of things! Moving is exhausting :c I still want to finish this fic by the end of the year, so let's get to it!

---

A doe-eyed expression crossed y/n's face as she wandered around. She was hungry, but also not. Being hungry for humans, it gave her an intense dose of guilt. But the power that their blood offered made her feel more and more powerful...That being said, she was very sloppy at hunting...And cleaning up after herself. So far, being a demon hadn't treated her well. A bruise coloured her arm from a rough run in with another demon, it didn't have any rank but overpowered her enough to steal her meal for the night. Now all y/n could do is wander, hoping to soon find some form of target.

Something bothered y/n. It had only been a few days since she had been left to her own devices. Weirdly enough she could only remember so much of her human life, but every memory felt just out of reach. At first she had thought eating humans would be the solution, the stronger she would get would offer her more memories. So far, that hadn't happened. She could only hope those memories would come back to her soon, it was important. There had to be more to her life than this.

"Oh, sorry!" Y/N panicked, quick enough to change her appearance so that the human before her wouldn't notice. The male grumbled at her before walking off, her stomach growling as she watched him. Any human would do, though some did taste a little better than others. The taste of humans all together was an acquired taste, however.

E/C eyes widened as she followed the human's footsteps, the lights of the location practically blinding. How did she not notice this before? Unable to resist her hunger much longer, she followed the person. The closer she got, the more food she could sense. With a soft smile, she walked past all the people, staring in awe at the most beautiful women in this town. There were so many options, and most had scents that she hadn't come across before. She didn't even register the glare of another demon as she tried to locate the best human she could eat...

Y/N should honestly feel bad, but it was what she needed to survive...

Once she had finally chosen a person, she had very clumsily taken them away to eat. It was honestly very lucky that no one had caught her, though she made a mess of the body in the darkest alley she could find. Not an easy task when the full place was well lit.

"My, that's a pretty one." Y/N froze at the elegant voice, dripping of ego. Her eyes met those of another demon, her senses on fire as the demon glared down at her with a confident smile. Y/N could tell, as if it came naturally, that this demon was an upper rank demon. The ranking on her eyes didn't appear, very well hidden in as to not rouse suspicion. Dressed like an Oiran, it would be impossible for the average human to tell who she was. "Usually I don't allow lowlife demons to intrude on my town, but you have good taste so I will make this one exception."

"Thank you." Y/N spoke gratefully, moving to face the upper rank demon while still remaining on her knees.

"Gratefulness won't serve you here." The beautiful demon warned, grinning evilly. "Say, you're going to blow my cover if you eat that messily. How about I give you some pointers over a meal together? I have such a beautiful selection to choose from." Y/N stayed silent, looking up at the upper rank demon in awe.

"You're a beautiful demon yourself, if I don't help you it would be a waste, some pathetic demon slayer would kill you before this entertainment district even had the chance to admire your beauty." Y/N wasn't sure what to make of the compliments as the demon's eyes pierced into her e/c ones. Every compliment sounded like the demon was waiting for her receipt, and y/n hesitated to join her.

"I would be honoured to join an upper rank demon within a meal." Y/N kept her words short, simple. She knew that there was no reason this demon had to keep her alive, one wrong move and it would be over.