𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 17 - Life as A Thug's Queen

| Jayla's POV

“Jayla! You're gonna be late for school!”

Two weeks later and we were living in a new community. It's a small town nestled between mountains that have picturesque views when you climb up them. Not sure why, but this place is called Lost Oasis. Since the town doesn't have any schools in the area, I'm still attending Fioreville High and keeping in contact with Young G.

Though my grandmother is unaware of this.

“Coming, Dorothy!” I shout as I bolt down the stairs and grab the lunch she prepared to stuff in my bag. I won't eat school lunch, that stuff's disgusting. “Gonna head out now. Will you be okay Grandma?”

“I'll be just fine. You run along to the bus stop and wait for the school bus. Go on!” she urged me on and I made sure to hug her before quickly running out and heading for the bus stop down the road.

Lucky for me by the time I got there the bus had shown up. “I almost missed it.” I held my knees, a bit tired. The apartment is a good distance from this place. “Good morning Miss Findley!”

“Mornin' Jayla.” The driver greets me with a warm smile. “Come on girl, get in the bus.”

I nod and move inside. The door closes behind me after she pressed a button, she began driving as I made my way far into the bus in search of a proper seat. On my way there, however, I couldn't help but notice the weird looks everyone gave me. As I passed they tended to scoot over in their seats, blatantly scorning me, some giving me nasty looks. I furrowed my brows in confusion.

Not seeing any seats up front I was forced to go to the back. One student was sitting alone and got up immediately I stopped next to them. I blinked in astonishment but was happy to get the window seat. I can listen to music while staring out the window.

“So how does it feel to date a thug?” a familiar female voice said behind me.

I looked around swiftly. My eyes slightly widened when I see members of the League of Trap Queens giving me these spine-chilling glares. Some white-knuckling the seats as a display of anger. Monique and Hennessey were seated right behind me and they didn't look any better.

“What are you talking about?” I raised a brow.

“Don't play dumb, bitch. Everybody in town knows your Young G's new plaything.” Hennessey said with every bit of aggression she could muster. “Because of you, my brother died three weeks ago. He'd just gotten a scholarship to Harvard when that scumbag with no future took his fucking life.”

“Did you and Jeffrey Dahmer ever date? 'Cause it's clear to all of us that you have a thing for psychopaths.” Monique said, using a pen to mark up the window on her right.

It doesn't surprise me that everyone knows about Aaryan and me. I'm surprised because they dare to insult me despite knowing that I'm dating a barbaric gang leader. I swear some people just wake up tired of living to do the stupid things they do. If I call Aaryan – with the very expensive phone he bought me –  right now by evening, everyone on this bus will be dead. And that's not a theory or a thought, that is a fact.

“I guess that makes two of us then,” I say and turn around, already over this conversation.

“What the fuck did you just say?” Monique attempts to stand up but a friend in the seat behind her holds her down.

“Girl! Are you fucking crazy? That's Young G's girlfriend. If you mess with her you, us, and your whole family will be dead. I'm too young to die.” She tries talking some sense into Monique, which I'm more than grateful for, but the girl won't listen.