𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12 - Give this Thug a second chance

| Jayla's POV

The blaring sound of the bell ringing echoed throughout the rooms in the school building signaling the end of the day. Rather soon, the teacher strode in and did registration before dismissing everyone. I walk out of class holding books in my hand, a white earpod in my right ear and my bag on one shoulder.

On the way down the stairs, I couldn't help but listen to the students discussing a football game coming up in a week. Though the conversation should be mainly about Basketball Ball, it's about the players – specifically Young G and Eazy-J. They talked endlessly about how good those two were at the game and would be joining the NBA in the future.

“Who y'all think's gonna win? My money's on Arkville,” one geeky kid said and had bottles thrown at his face immediately. “Ow! What'd I do?”

“The fuck is wrong with you? Arkville is gonna win what, when, and where? Boy, if you don't get your ass outta here with them buck teeth and acne,” one of the boys on the football team sneered and pushed him down the stairs making him run off.

“Arkville ain't winning shit. Young G is gonna have all them motherfuckers crying black blood,” another student said and the others agreed.

“Remember the last game? Young G scored the most and made the whole team win. He gon' kick their monkey asses fa sho,” one student laughed loudly and bumped fists with his friend. “Y'all, let's go bully the nerd who said Arkville's gonna win 'cause the only thing they finna win is a bag of shit.”

“Y'all do that, I gotta bounce. This is a pretty big game and I heard major rappers gon' be there. I'mma go get me an outfit that's sure to turn heads,” The boys all continued chatting as they turned right and down a hall. I turned left, heading for the exit.

I don't remember much of what happened on Saturday, and I hardly recall any memory from the game. Aaryan must be a really good player. I wish I could see him play, but, we're not together, and I don't want to see him. Not at all. Even if my heart is still hurting and seeing every couple making out on their way outside makes my blood boil. I shake away the thoughts and get outside, instantly seeing Kendra standing under a tree talking on her phone to someone.

Before I could reach her I stop walking, Grandma said I should stop talking to Kendra. I'd love to talk to her and go home together like old times but I don't want to disobey Dorothy. Then again, I shouldn't have been talking to Aaryan either yet I was in his house kissing him and doing his hair. I heave a sigh and turn to walk the other way, this time down the stairs and towards the silver gate.

Nearing the gate I notice a huge group of girls – which included the League of Trap Queens – talking in hushed whispers. They're fanning themselves and biting their lips while throwing flirtatious looks down the street. I stopped to blink and wonder what the hell I stumbled upon.

Ignoring the commotion I put my other earpod in and walk around the crowd. I start heading home while not paying attention to where I'm going. I had gotten a few feet away when a sudden strong scent hit me like a brick through a windshield, stopping me dead in my tracks.

I know that cologne.

I look up and meet a black BMW parked on the roadside. My eyes widen and travel to the left where they landed on a bronze-skinned gorgeous male leaning against the chain link fence with one leg up. He's wearing a red durag, white sleeveless shirt, red sweatpants, and a pair of custom red and black Nike shoes. That's no ordinary man.

That's Aaryan Waynott.

All the air in my lungs disappeared into his bright eyes. I forgot how to breathe or think, only taking in his celestial handsomeness – I especially loved his muscular arms with a bogwire tattoo on his right bicep and more creative and detailed ones on his other arm. He must've been working out in the time we hadn't communicated, he gained quite the muscle mass.