𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6 - He ain't that Bad

💜✨♕︎  𝐉𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐬𝐨𝐧  ♕︎✨💜

“Go home? Alone? It's dark! I'm afraid of the dark,” I looked at the lightless continuation of the lane and shivered.

“Who said you were walking alone?” he got up and took his jacket off the back of the chair. “Here, put this on. It's cold out here.”

He dropped it on my head, making me frown. I took it off and put it on, his scent engulfing me. It smelled like Dior men's Sauvage, with a tinge of tobacco and marijuana in the mixture.

I put it on as I watch him step into the middle of the circle, the dull yellow light shone on his dark skin and the outlines of his muscular back. He looked great in fitted jeans, his calvin klein underwear showing at the top of his black jeans, and he had a slightly snatched waist.

Aaryan walked to a few of his friends leaning on the closed shop and bumped fists with them, they spoke in hushed whispers then he looked back at me. I didn't even notice the black durag on his head, his braids leaking out at the sides of his face. When our eyes met I looked down at my hands on my lap – his gaze makes me nervous.

“You done?” he asked me.

“Mm-hmm,” I nodded as if he could see me.

“Ray, pass the Glock. I'm gonna take shawty home then spin back,” he shook hands with his friend and then took the gun he handed him. Aaryan shoved it into his pants and waited on me to get my bag and water bottle back. “If Kage pulls up tell him to leave the stuff on the table.”

“Say no more, boss. You know I got you,” he saluted Aaryan. “Me and Eazy-J are gonna watch out for ya.”

After that, he started walking into the dark, cold, and empty lane. I ran to catch up with him, he moves fast. “Aren't you scared? Aren't you cold? Why did you give me your jacket? You'll get sick, Aaryan. That's not a good thing.”

“Why? You care about me or something?” he briefly looked down at me, I pouted, blushing in embarrassment. “I ain't scared of nothin' but fear itself, shawty. Hey, can't you walk a bit faster?”

“I'm five feet tall okay I'm trying!” I turned my flashlight on so I could see where I'm going.

Aaryan grabbed the phone, turned the light off, and kept it in his pocket.

“What the hell–”

“Don't you know anything other than to piss me off?” he asked. “When you walk through this lane you never turn lights on. You could get shot by accident for that.”

I stopped walking and folded my arms.

He eventually stopped and turned to look at me, the pale moonlight shining down on him making him look exceptionally handsome. It accentuated his chiseled jawline and prominent cheekbones. I saw every fall and rise of his ridged, rock-hard abs. He also had dimples in his cheeks, sharp collarbones despite a muscular frame, and nipples hardened by the chilly night air. Again, I found myself blushing and looking away from him, but I was still very annoyed by his attitude.

“What?” he asked.

“I'm not going anywhere with you unless you be nice to me. You're so mean and rude,” I wanted to throw a rock at his face but I was afraid it would ruin his perfectly sculpted features. “You think because you're handsome and a thug you can treat people however you want? No, you cannot.”

Unexpectedly, his lips curved into an amused smile that had butterflies dancing in my heart.

“You think I'm handsome?”