A Quick Trip

Your Pov

Oh, I ran out of snacks... I mean I could go get more... No no there's no need to be like that. But you're hungry...You just ate though. But none of it was actual food. Maybe you should just go to sleep. It's Halloween, you can't go to sleep early. You also need to get some more candy before they completely run out so you can eat it throughout the week.

But what about the trick-or-treaters? They have enough candy those little brats. I guess I could go scope the area while I go on my snack run. You can say you went out tonight even if it's just to get food. There is a stand that opens up specifically on Halloween with all kinds of goods. You have to go.

Wait a second. Someone just broke into your house trying to murder you maybe you shouldn't go out. Well if he broke in that easily how safe are you here at home? Plus you're already dressed up. Yep, I'm going... You grab your money and phone and then walk out of the door.

Michael's Pov

He decided to go back to your house since you probably had answers. When he looked into your eyes he felt this feeling of...nostalgia, as if he knew you. But more than just knowing you...it felt important. He can't fully describe it...He... He was getting so sidetracked but he needed to know who you were. His brain was racked with questions that needed to be solved.

He makes his way through the neighborhood and finds your house again. Breaking in the same way, he enters your home. Wasting no time he barges into your bedroom to see that you are no longer there. He searched the rest of the house but to no avail.

Your POV

It smells so good here. You're definitely getting closer. It was pretty scary walking alone at night but hey...you have to eat. The night breeze blew calmly and lights illuminated the dark streets. It felt as if the weather was celebrating Halloween too.

Kids run to each house and hold out their baskets waiting to receive their sweets. You make your way past the neighborhoods and into town. The smell is much stronger now and you see the big sign for the stand. Hastily you run up and get in line. Hmm, monster toe tacos? Sounds good to me! Gathering your money you wait until you reach the front of the line.

"Can I get one order of Monster Toe Tacos?" you ask eagerly. "Sure thing", replies the cook. He prepares the meal and hands it to you. You hand him the money, and he looks around as he puts it away. "Are you out here all alone?" "Yea, why?" you answer with a puzzled tone.

"Rumor has been getting around that it's dangerous out here. People are saying the boogie man is out killing people but-" "Excuse me are you done chatting? I'm hungry!" yells an annoyed customer. "Yes yes sorry. Stay safe out there dear." With that, he begins to serve the next customer.

Damn, it was probably that guy that broke into my house. I didn't know people were out here getting sliced. I guess I'll have to pay extra attention on my way back home. After learning that unsettling information you walk through the streets and the lights seemed to get dimmer the further you went. Who even told him that anyways...

Wait a second where even is your house? Nah...not you getting lost. You see a familiar tree so you go over to it. Getting closer to the tree you realize it's only familiar because it looks like every other tree.

...

The sound of footsteps appears behind you. Someone grabs you and puts their hand over your mouth. Frantically trying to move you squirm around until you decide to bite them. "Ow, you b****." You look at them to see some random middle-aged man. Oh hell no. He's not cute enough to kidnap me like I've gotta go. You try to run off but he grabs your arm hard, yanking you back.

"Let go of me!" you demand. "Come on baby take off the mask... don't you wanna have some fun tonight..." he slithers very creepily. Ew. "Um no thank you...I uh...f**k you..." 

This angers him a lot. Uh oh, maybe you shouldn't be provoking him. His grip tightens enough to leave a bruise. "Why you ugly sl** I'll kill you!" He takes out a switchblade and raises his other arm. Then there is blood... You look down to see your outfit drenched in a deep red. Your hands start to shake. Oh god. Blood is everywhere. However, this isn't your blood. Looking back up you see him wobble and then fall to the floor. He's dead.

Your eyes lock with the masked man. "Oh, it's you again." A yellow light illuminates his mask defining every crease. Wait...he's hot. "Thank you..." you mumble. The man's unmoving body continues to bleed out on the floor. Damn. That was a bit much but at the same time, he was mad creepy.

The masked man continues to look at you before pulling something out of his pocket. A white mask with faded pastel paint. Your eyes widen as soon as you see it. "Michael? Is it really you?" you question waiting for any response. He doesn't say anything and stands there in silence. That made you realize that it was him.

"Omg Michael, what happened to you? I was so worried you never came back to school and I was so scared that I wouldn't see you again. I went back to the bush every day hoping that you would come back. I'm so glad to see you." You were in tears and you give him a big hug. His body stiffened before relaxing and loosening his grip on his knife. He remembered who you were. He remembered everything. Not good with showing affection he just stood there awkwardly. You released from the hug and adjusted your mask.

"You grew a lot", you say as you look him up and down. You used to be only an inch shorter than him but now he seemed gigantic. (unless you're taller than him then nvm) He held a nice figure and was very strong which you learned earlier. "Hey um, do you know where my house is?" He has to know since he was just there. He lifts his head looking confused and then just purely disappointed.

Walking in the complete opposite direction you follow him through the empty streets. You were thinking of making conversation, especially since you had a lot to talk about but you knew he wouldn't reply. Eventually, you see your neighborhood and then your house just in the distance. The sound of police cars grows in the distance. "Thank you Michael I-" You turn to see he is long gone. With no way to find him, you decide to head back to your house.

Pulling out a chair you set your tacos on the table, still warm and ready to eat. Luckily they didn't fall out of the bag so they are not dirtied. You eat some of the tacos and put the rest in the fridge. They were pretty good. You go back to your room and decide to take a shower. You are covered in blood after all. Removing your costume you step into the warm shower. You use that time to think about the recent events that just took place...You have a lot of questions.