13 Garden

A/N

Plz vote. I really want more ppl to read this.

Thanks <3

"Today I want us to visit the gardens. I would like to show you around there." Theodore said during breakfast.

"Wouldn't Madam mind?" 

"It's okay for today." He smiled.

I nodded.

...

We walked down stone steps into the garden, which I had never been to before in. My eyes automatically spotted the green lively oak trees, neatly cut square bushes along paved paths, and pushes of many different flowers.

The gravel crunched against my heels, and the air smelled of honey. The sun was hiding behind the smoke-colored clouds above us. Then I spotted them: roses.

I made my way over to the roses, running, my skirt bunched up in my fists. The delicately shaped petals made me wonder how beautiful flowers like roses could exist.

I tried to breathe in the wonderful smell until I stopped. I couldn't breathe in fully. The corset was stopping me from enjoying all the intoxicating scents.

"Lily-Ann, I know you have the name of a flower, but you mustn't behave as wild as them" a familiar voice called out.

I straightened up, "Forgive me, Theodore, I got carried away." I apologized gracefully.

"Control yourself Lily-Ann, we came out together, and must walk together, yes?" He hummed.

"Yes, that was rude of me," I apologized again. He offered me his arm and I took it.

I made note of how gray the sky was, how the sun simply wasn't visible, most likely promising rain. We didn't talk about anything, as we made our way to an organized patch of flowers. There had to be like 30, or 50 even. There were so many.

We stopped in the middle of this chaotic, yet organized flower bed in silence. I looked at Theodore and noticed the peculiar look in his eyes.

They were glinting. And shown some pride. His eyes traveled from flower to flower, his thin smile becoming slightly wider, as a secret he knew. 

My heart beat a little bit quicker. 

Theodore suddenly looked at me, and smiled, "I planted all those flowers." He explained as if reading my thoughts. "It took me years, and look how beautifully they're blooming." He said, gently caressing a petal from a striped carnation.

"There are so many," my eyes wandered around.

He inhaled, "Well, I think there's room for at least one more." He looked at a small spot that could fit a mini flower bush if not one flower. He touched the small spot and smiled back at me, "Don't you think?"

I smiled at him.

We walked on looking at different bushes and trees. He straightened up, and we briefly paused at another gathering of flowers. Each flower looked perfect. None were decaying, or flopping over. He must have been taking care of these flowers even more.

Chrysanthemums, pink carnations, honeysuckle, and red roses were in a neat round flower bed. 

"You seem to really like these flowers," I commented, looking into his eyes as if reflecting a twinge of sadness towards something.

He stiffened, "Yes, these are my favorite" his eyes gentle, and then he added, "I like flowers in general. All very beautiful, all categorized as flowers, yet they all have different meanings."

I was about to ask what he meant, when he smiled at me, eyes glinting, and pressed a finger to my mouth, "We best be going now. We should start cleaning." 

I nodded, looking back at the peach blossom tree.