8

Perverted. They would call her. But she preferred to think of herself as adventurous. Those with empathy would refer to her as a voyeur. Despite her lack of sexual experience, Rue enjoyed engaging her imagination, preferring to watch porn or read erotica that stimulated her emotions when porn failed. She despised the way the women screamed like banshees, with whiny, nasal-y, high-pitched noises. She doubted if they ever screamed like that in real life, but she fantasized about Mr. Fox making her scream too. Her mind was racing with desire, and she couldn't stop thinking about Mr. Fox, having him, and having him dominate her like the video she was watching right now. She had failed to fight her urges and she knew she had satisfy them.

"Rue, I finished my homework." Sasha barged in, and Rue quickly shut down her laptop.

Rue took the book and skimmed over what Sasha had done. She smiled, satisfied with her. Sasha was the smarter twin, but suffered immensely with her social skills. She used humor to cover it up. She could crack a joke while solving a math problem, whereas Sarah was more socially adept, cheeky and could talk her way out of any trouble.

"Did I do it correctly?" Sasha inquired.

Rue nodded smiling at her, "It is great, Sasha." She assured her.

"There is a new girl in our class, really smart and now she has taken over my position," Sasha said with healthy anger.

"Competition is not always bad Sasha, i am sure you will still go to Harvard." Rue replied.

"That is not what Angie says, they take the best and if i am not the best in my class that will be impossible." Sasha argued.

"Angie lied and you will go to Harvard." Rue spoke.

"I hate Angie!" Sasha said and Rue complete attention was caught, finally someone who felt the same.

"It is not a nice thing to say, why?" Rue asked.

"She is stealing dad from us, Sarah and i have a plan to scare her away." Sasha grumbled.

Rue hid her pettiness. She knew that no matter how much she wanted to join the twins' alliance. Mr. Fox would be upset if she gave his twins more ideas. "You dad won't like it if you plan mischief on his girlfriend," Rue said.

"Promise me you won't tell him, Rue," Sasha begged.

"As long as you promise none of you will try anything funny," Rue narrowed her eyes at her.

"Promise." Sasha answered, however Rue knew that Sasha might have meant it, Sarah couldn't be trusted.

Xana walked in the room hours later, after the twins had gone to bed. Rue was surprised to see Tony and Matt in her company. Tony seemed genuinely pleased to see her. Despite Rue's obvious lack of interest in him, he refused to give up.

"I brought you flowers," Tony said when she remained silent and made no attempt to receive the flowers he had on his hands.

Rue took them and sniffed them briefly, saying, "They smell nice. Thanks." She stated it sincerely.

"Let me get the good stuff for the night," Xana spoke and her boyfriend, Matt, followed her.

There was an awkward silence before Tony broke it, "I am going to Yale next month," He said. Rue wasn't surprised, he was smart and though she did sometimes outshine him.

"Congratulation," Rue meant it.

"What about you?" He asked.

She had several offers from top universities, but she had delayed the decision and made Mr. Fox the center of her world.

"I may take a gap year to figure out somethings," she replied.

Tony didn't press further, instead he observed her face lovingly. He was expressively and it was clear how much he was smitten by Rue.

"What happened to your nose?" He suddenly asked and Rue quickly looked away. She was surprised he had noticed it when she thought she had concealed it too well to be seen.

"Blame it on the wall," She said.

"At graduation it was your eye, did the wall do that too?" He asked.

Rue was taken aback by his ability to observe and how much he noticed. Nobody else around her ever did, but Tony did.

"Do you need help, someone to talk to?" Tony whispered to her with concern.

"What are you talking about?" Rue asked confused.

"Is it your father?" Tony was relentless in getting as much information as he could.

"My father?" Rue huffed, at the thought. Her father was the softest man she knew.

"It is your brother, i remember him bullying me in school." Tony finally cracked the information.

Rue didn't respond as Xana and Matt returned with two Vodka bottles. Her messy hair was enough to tell that they had been making out. They could never keep their hands off each other.

"Lets get wasted!" Xana announced.

Xana turned on the radio and they started to drink. Tony was hesitant at first but after the first shot. He was untamed and taking the shot at intervals like tap water.

"Drink some more!" Tony asked Rue. She took the shot that he was giving her, her head getting lighter which each shot. She rarely drunk because she would black out and never remember what she did.

Xana walked over to her and pulled her up, "Come," xana asked.

Rue smiled and followed her friend to the kitchen leaving the boys alone.

"Matt wants us to do it." Xana told her.

"No..."Rue slurred and covered her mouth when she felt like she was about to throw up.

"I want to do it. I am ready." Xana said and left the kitchen. Rue filled a glass with water and drank it. All she felt was light headiness and nausea and wanted just to lay down.

Instated of going back to the living room she stumbled through the house until she found the room she was looking for. She always dreamt of getting in and seeing how it looked from inside. She knew that Mr. fox never locked his room. She opened the door and without switching the light on she found her way on his bed and fell on it.