Thankful

Rose's POV

Mason looked at me incredulously. I don't know what's going on but his blood is sweeter, more satisfying than before. I feel him grip my arm when I go to drink more.

"Be gentle," he murmured, "I'm no longer a vampire, you can't indulge like previously. Did I hear him correctly?

"What do you mean you're no longer a vampire?" I hear the words but I can't process the meaning behind them. How is this possible?

"I suspect when I sold my soul that I reverted to human. I'll now age and die like a normal human being. I don't want you to worry Rose, I see that look in your eyes and I can assure you that give the choice and knowing the consequences I would make the same decision again." He tells me.

I look into his eyes and I realize he's serious. The man who kidnapped me, wiped my memories gave his very identity and soul so that I made live.

"I'm so sorry!" I cry into his shoulder. He rubs my back comforting me. This isn't right, I should be comforting him. His body is so warm, there's a remarkable difference from before.

"Where do we go from here?" I asked him.

"I don't know sweetheart. I guess now that I am no longer immortal that I need to live life like it's my last day. I'm so much easier to kill now." He chuckled. I'm not laughing. How is it that I want to hate him but he's making it very difficult.

"Why don't you go ahead and take off?" He suggested. "I'm sure that your boys are worried about you being alone with me for too long. I have a lot to take care of on my end." He holds my cheek and gives me a light peck on the lips. "Just in case this is the last time I ever see you."

I can't help the tears that fall. I saw so much sweetness from him when we were together. Maybe in another life I could've been happy with him. However that's not in the cards here. I have five mates that need me. There's no room for anyone else in my heart. I'm now complete.

"Call me if you need anything." I tell him.

Joel's POV

I just got back home from picking up Rose from the castle.

"So you're serious, he's now a human?" I repeated.

"Yes, it's something to do with him selling his soul. Not really sure how it happened. I know he fucked up a lot, and he's the reason I'm no longer marked but he saved my life. At least now we don't have to watch our backs constantly. He's no longer a threat. Though what are we going to do about Layla? I know she disliked me but I had no idea her dislike was a deep seeded hate." She said.

"We'll have to all get together to figure out what to do. Now sweetheart do you want to spend the night here or are you wanting to go home? I don't think we've had a chance to just be alone in awhile."

"I was hoping you'd ask me to stay." She grinned before crashing her lips on mine. Her sweetness caught me off guard and I also fall back from the force of her desire. Our lips and tongues move in synchronicity while her hands search for the hem of my shirt. Our lips separate only to tear off my shirt and hers.

"How's your head baby? Are you sure you want this?" I asked her.

"It's much better now. My vampire healing recovered after a day so now I'm healed up." She assured me. With no reason to stall we tear at each other's pants and underwear. All the clothes are throw on the floor in a pile. I lift her by the hips and she wrapped her legs around my waist. I tease her slit with the tip of my engorged cock earning a groan. I push her against the wall and easily slide into her wetness. "God babe you feel so good squeezing my dick." I moan out.

I pound her tight pussy while balancing her body against the wall. I move one hand in between us to rub on her clit to bring her to release. "Cum for me love." I commanded. I quicken my movements until she explodes all over my cock. Oh fuck. The feeling is so good I almost lose my nut right there. "Oh Joel fuck me harder!" She begged. I grunt and growl as I thrust in deeper and stronger than before, causing her to release all over my dick again. This time I climax in deep in her cunt. We're both panting and sweating by the time we come down from the orgasms. I slowly pull out and feel the combination of our juices sliding out of her wet pussy. I watch my seed roll down her thighs causing my wolf to growl in approval.

"Let's go to bed baby. I'll take you to school tomorrow if you'd like." I tell her. We then go upstairs to shower and sleep.

Maximus's POV

I'm in the teacher's lounge sitting through a boring meeting for the staff. I see a few of the different women give me fuck-me eyes but none of them come close to my mate. I'm feeling grateful that she survived the events of this weekend. "Meeting dismissed." The principal finally utters out.

I quickly move to leave and nearly run over half the other teachers. By the time I make it to the hallway it's full of students getting ready for the day to start. I see my Rose walking in with Brent and Damien on either side of her. I watch as Sophie runs up from behind and throws her arms around her shoulders, nearly knocking her down. I look away from the scene and almost bump into someone. "Crap sorry." I tell the person. I look down and instantly start grinding my teeth. Layla. The others pointed her out when I first started here and let me know to avoid her.

She bats her eyes at me, "oh it's fine Maximus."

"It's Mr. Santorino to students Layla." Pissed off I stalk off and head to my first class. Thankfully Rose is in this class. Just being in her presence calms me down. I watch her walk in with Damien and I shoot her a secret smile. She grins back and then takes her seat. I wait for all the students to arrive before beginning the lesson. The whole time I had to prevent myself from giving my mate special attention. It's hard right now but she's only a few months from graduating and then I don't need to worry about others seeing us together. I can't wait until then.