Cold | JJK

•••

•••

Jungkook was a very shy person and did not easily open up to anyone. Hence, he is always misunderstood to be rude and arrogant.

You and Jungkook had been in this relationship for two years now. But the only problem was, he had no clue how to show his feelings and express his love for you.

You understood this and gave him his space thinking that he might feel uncomfortable. You tried understanding him and there were times you felt the lack of affection and you would be lying if you said it didn't hurt.

Your love language was physical touch and you were the type of person who would love to cuddle and kiss. But you gave him space because you loved him with all your heart.

Jungkook came back home late when you were watching a new drama called 'shooting stars'. You immediately shot up from the couch and ran towards him. You smiled ear to ear and took his coat and bag.

"Jungkook!" you said smiling.

"hey," he said, avoiding your eyes. You immediately got the hint that he didn't want to talk and backed away. Your face fell a little but you tried to keep up a small smile.

"The dinner is ready and is on the dining table. Heat it in the oven after you freshen up." You said before you turned away and went upstairs. You stayed there.

Your mood has pretty much got ruined. You changed into your pajamas and watched your phone to kill some time.

You always question yourself if you are the reason that he behaves like this. It is so hard to accept him for who he is but you try.

You had stopped asking too many questions after he comes home because you notice the didn't like to talk much. You had stopped cuddling him as you noticed how flustered and uncomfortable he gets when you do that.

But these were things you want to do with him. You wanted to be all lovey-dovey, sit on his lap and goof around.

You wanted to kiss him whenever you want and whatever. You knew he struggled with these but he didn't let you help him either.

It was almost midnight and it's been four hours since Jungkook came back home and he still hadn't come upstairs to change his clothes.

He was probably playing video games. So you went down to call him upstairs but the living room was pitch black. The only light was in the kitchen and when you entered it, your heart broke at the sight you were witnessing.

The food was untouched and Jungkook was sitting in a chair. Tears were rolling down his cheeks and his eyes were red and puffy.

"Jungkook?" you immediately approached him and kneeled in front of him to wipe his tears.

"Baby, what happened?" you asked, concerned about him.

He only started crying harder, burying his face in the crook of your neck. You were surprised at his behavior. He never hugged you like this let alone cry. You came out of your thoughts and rubbed his back comfortingly.

"I am so sorry Y/N" he sobbed. Immediately, a feeling of dread spread inside you. You were scared. Did he perhaps cheat on you? You immediately discarded that thought.

"Why?" you asked, not able to hide the fear in your voice.

"I just hate myself for being an asshole to you all the time" you were relieved when you realized that it was not what you thought. But still, you were concerned about what he was talking about.

"I can't make you happy " he cried, "I can't give you anything you want yet you do everything for me. I love you so much but I am so bad at expressing my feelings. I don't deserve you Y/N.

Your eyes watered after hearing him talk like that.

"you cook for me every day and wait for me all day to come back home with so much excitement but when I come home I don't even hug you. What kind of boyfriend am I? I should be showering you with kisses and cuddling you." he sobbed.

"Hey, no don't say that." you wiped his tears.

"But it's true Y/N, I can see it in your eyes. I am holding back your happiness. I am depriving you of affection. I can see the hurt on your face when I leave you hanging. Yet I can't overcome this fear of mine and hold you like I want to.

Go Y/N, please break up with me and find yourself a man who is not a coward and makes you truly happy. I can't live like this, knowing that I am holding you back" he said, looking down.

" You truly are an asshole" you yelled, hitting his chest " How can I leave you when you are the only man I want?"

" How can you tell me to break up with you?" he looked surprised at your outburst.

"Jungkook," you sobbed "I only want you."

He began to cry harder as he pulled you on his lap. Your heart fluttered and you felt safe.

"We can work this out Jungkook," you said. "I'll wait for you even if it takes million years"

"You shouldn't wait for me anymore Y/N, you have waited for so long" he mumbled, burying his face in your sweet-scented hair.

"Let me help you then," you told him, " let's take it slow, we can work it out"

"Okay, I'll let you help me overcome my fears," he said smiling

" I love you Jungkook, I only love you" you whispered.

"I-I love you too" he confessed, his grip on your his tightening, "I swear I have only loved you my whole life"

You smiled at him relieved and leaned in for a kiss. As your lips touched, his heart started beating faster.

As you were about to pull away, he attached his lips to you again and kissed you passionately. There was a storm of butterflies fluttering in your stomach. It had been way too long since you shared a kiss like this. It healed all your wounds.

You pulled away breathlessly, you innocently smiled at each other.

"Come on, I'll heat your food, you must be hungry. It's late," you said getting off his lap.

"I am very hungry" he admitted sheepishly. His cheeks were red from your little make-out session.

You spent the rest of the night talking and kissing each other. He couldn't get enough of your lips now that he broke one of his many barriers and gotten close to you. He tried from that day on and that's all you ever needed. It was more than enough.

_________________________