T W O

This is not good

This is not good.

I watched as the boy in my arms began to drift in-and-out of his consciousness, losing to the slumber I put him in using my newfangled ability to control's someones blood.

The process was quick, needing nothing else but pure focus as the only tedious part of it were the repercussions that would follow right after. My parents called it Blood Bonding and though it's mostly intended for feeding, I figured I had no other choice but to use it in order to stop him from jumping off the cliff.

To the boy's defense, I technically came to the cliff to do the same exact thing but not for reasons that him or any other person in this world would understand.

I didn't come here to die.

I can't die.

I've tried that before.

I was born into a family with fangs sharper than steel daggers and strong resurgent bodies with heightened strength, speed, agility and endurance; all of which can only be fueled by blood that's obtained by my mom who works as an intensive care physician at a local hospital.

Both of my parents decided that in order to keep me and my younger sister safe, it was best to keep us in isolation. They made us undergo alternative ways of living compared to the other kids in our age and made sure to instill strict rules for us to follow for the rest of our lives.

Never, ever, leave the house.

I leave the house all the time! I used to go out into the woods and chase deers but that quickly got boring because I'd always be too fast for them. I kinda just climb trees now to watch the view or the sunset, occasionally lighting up a cigar that I'd steal from my dad's office since It's not like my lungs would ever become prone to any damage.

Enrich your discipline instead of your curiosity.

I hated this rule the most because it lacked the most forethought. How could they expect me to enrich my discipline forever? I've only been cooped up for seventeen years of my life and I've already started feeding into my curiosity by doing things such as using my body as a test dummy. I've done things to test the limits of my capabilities such as catching up to trains, lifting up cars, and surviving falls from extremely high places which was supposed to include this cliff.

Never make contact with anyone else besides your family.

As I stand here gazing down at the boy I had just formed a Blood Bond with, all these rules are practically nonexistent to me now.

Upon cradling his tiny body with my arms, the moonlight didn't fail to highlight the contours of his cherub-like face. He had thick curly hair that was spun in an unceremoniously beautiful way, closely resembling the color of a sweet golden honeycomb. His soft skin was like powdered pearl as it blended seamlessly with his small yet captivating features. He had a tiny nose, the type that looked fun to poke and admire, along with his flushed round cheeks and delicately chiseled jawline. Although his eyes were now closed shut due to the deep slumber I put him in, I can still remember the luminous glinting shade of jade and sapphire that they possessed.