✿ CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR ✿

At the feast that night, I stuff myself more than usual

At the feast that night, I stuff myself more than usual. Food seems to taste extra good, and by the end of dessert I'm more than full.

"You really were great today, Harry!" Camille says for the fiftieth time that night. Ron stares longingly around at the food around him.
"He won't last until lunch tomorrow." Hermione whispers to me before beginning to giggle uncontrollably.
"Ron, what is wrong wiz you?" Camille stared at Ron, who had started sweating slightly and his eyes were wide. She pressed the softest kiss to his temple and he smiled half-heartedly at her.
"Kiss your boyfriend somewhere else, Camille." Hermione teases. Camille goes slightly pink.
"He is not my boyfrien-"
"Why not, Camille?" Ron asks.
"You never asked me."
"I'm asking now."
"Okay." She smiles sweetly at Ron.

"Gross." I say. My twin and Camille both look at me, tingeing slightly pink. "Only joking, get your wands out of a twist!" I tease.

+++++++

Next day, McGonagall told everyone that there would be a Hogsmeade visit the following day. Excitement had buzzed around the room like bees.

I now sat eating lunch in the great hall with Harry, Hermione, Ginny and Camille.
"How've you been, Gin?" I ask my younger sister.
"Pretty good. I'm kind of struggling with Charms though, there's a few spells I can't quite get."
"Need help with it?"
"That would be awesome." She smiles gratefully.
"Just name a time and a place, I'll be there." I nod.

Ron comes trudging down the aisle to Gryffindor table, but turns and sits at the Hufflepuff table next to us.
"Ron!" I call to him. His head whips around, trying to locate me. "What are you doing?"

He stands up and slumps over to us.
"Sorry Rubes. Just... got confused." He looked pale and sweaty.
"You're not hungry, are you?" I raise my eyebrows, smirking.
"N-no! Of course not!" He slurs, shaking his head. He takes one look at the food in front of him before grabbing a corn cob and taking a huge bite, juice dribbling down his chin and mouth as he wolfs it down.
"You win." He murmurs through bites. Hermione and I exchange glances before bursting into fits of laughter. Harry looks at us, amusement plastered on his face and Camille just looks extremely confused.

<><><><>

"Hey, Ruby. Good day?" Harry asks as I climb through the portrait hole after Divination, my last class for that day.
"Yeah pretty much. Although, Professor Trelawny says I'm going to die tomorrow, so I'm going to stay in bed all day to avoid the bad omens." I say dramatically, chuckling.
"Speaking of which, what are you doing tomorrow? Were you going to go to Hogsmeade?" He asks me.
"Yeah I think so. I need some new jeans and clothes and stuff, some new winter robes maybe. I've outgrown my others." I think aloud.
"Catching up to your brother?"
"Not quite." I laugh.

"Do you want to go with me?" He asks.
"Yeah it will be fun! We can go to Honeydukes. Oh, and this sweet little cafe just opened! I'll ask Hermione and Ron too-"
"Ruby... I meant... like as a date." He says quietly.
"Oh." I say. He looks at me expectantly.
"If you don't want to that's okay, I mean-"
"I'd like that." I smile.
"Oh- great then. I'll meet you out front of Honeydukes at one tomorrow?"
"Okay, Harry."

beaming to myself, I run up to my dorm and quickly wash up for dinner. Walking back through the common room on my way out, I call to Harry, who was still lounging by the fire reading Flying With the Cannons, his Christmas gift from Ron, for the fifth time since he got it.
"I'm going to The Hall for dinner. You coming?"
"Nah, I'll catch up later." He waves me off.
"Okay. See ya, Potter." I smile.
"See ya, Weasley." He murmurs, not looking up from his book.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗌 𝗇𝗈𝗍𝖾♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

Hi everyone!! How are you all? I hope you're awesome and doing well.

Question of the chapter: where would you go/what would you do on a Hogsmeade date?
Answer here:                                   ⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨

I would love to go to the three broomsticks for butterbeer!!

Have a great day 🌷
xoxo