✿ CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE ✿

"I'm sorry Professor, but what's going on?" I stare back at the five faces around me

"I'm sorry Professor, but what's going on?" I stare back at the five faces around me. Hermione and walk, sticking close together and take our places on Cho's left, facing Dumbledore.
"This is about the second task." The Hogwarts Headmaster says.
"I know we shouldn't have helped Harry! Sorry but-" Hermione bursts out.
"If you could let me explain, miss Granger," Dumbledore says calmly. Her cheeks flush pink.
"Yes-er- sorry, Headmaster." She smiles sheepishly.
As you know, the day of the second task is tomorrow." Murmurs of assent came from the students beside me. "The task is as follows: something is to be stolen from each Champion, and hidden safely with the merpeople of the Black Lake. The champions will have one hour to find that something, and that something, is you." He motions to Hermione, Cho, the blonde girl, and me.

"I'm sorry Professor, I do not quite understand." The blonde girl says in a French accent.
"You are each of the champions favourite people at Hogwarts. Viktor Krum's is Miss Granger." At this, Hermione blushes profusely, her cheeks going a vibrant pink again. "Cedric Diggory's is Miss Chang, Fleur's is Gabrielle, and Harry Potter's is Miss Weasley." Dumbledore says to the four girls.

"But- um- Professor?" I say.
"Yes, Miss Weasley?" Dumbledores eyes shift to me.
"Surely I'm not Harry's favourite person? What about Ron? Ron is his best friend!"
"We thought of Ron at first, but he said we best come to you. He made it clear that Harry is more than quite taken with you." The Headmaster's tone is calm but his lips turn up slightly in the corners. "Plus it was quite clear he didn't want to do it." My cheeks burn red hot and Hermione let's out a small giggle, earning an icy glare from me and an elbow in the ribs.

"What is it we have to do?" Cho asks with an interested tone.
"First, let us assure you this has been tested over and over to make sure you will be safe." The Headmaster explains. The three girls and I nod.
"Madame Maxime, if you will." Dumbledore says to the massive woman on his right. The Beauxbatons Headmistress turns to a table behind her, lifting a tray before turning back around and placing it on Dumbledores desk.

On the tray is the daintiest looking tea set I have ever seen. It's pink, white and swirly, the cups have gold handles and rims and the saucers edges are also trimmed in gold, and so was the lid of the fragile looking teapot. There is also a small plate of pink iced sugar cookies, piped so delicately I would hate to destroy them by eating them.

"Please take a plate and a cup." Dumbledore motions to the tea set. Cho, Hermione, the Gabrielle and I quickly obey.
"It is absolutely essential that you do exactly as tell I you. Understood?" Dumbledore says sternly. We nod.

"Right, now. Okay. Pick up your teacup by your left hand, index finder and thumb." The Headmaster tells us. On further inspection, the tea is crystal clear and a bright, vibrant orange.
"Take one of the spoons, stir it clockwise once and anticlockwise three times. Then tap your spoon twice on the side of your cup." The spoon I pick up is gold, encrusted with pink diamonds. Shaking slightly, I do as Dumbledore says.