xvi

DAYVON DAQUAN BENNETT
|21|

DAYVON DAQUAN BENNETT|21|

"NAW TWIN don't answer." Dayvon spoke to Amaru as Peace FaceTimed his tablet. Today was the day of Peace's delayed prom send off and the two had been ignoring her all day.

"Why we not answering Peace?"

"Cause we doing something for her and she can't know." He spoke as he phone rung. He clicked the power off one time seeing that it was Peace calling him. "She tweakin' now."

"On foe nem grave." Amaru spoke shaking his head as his tablet began to ring again making Von laugh.

"What you know about foe nem gang?" Von asked as the two walked around party city grabbing decorations.

"You be saying it all the time." Amaru shrugged. "We homies and they yo' homies, so they my homies too."

"No cap you certified gang." Von laughed. "I gotta' come up witchu' a nickname so they'a know you really gang out hea."

"Why can't I just use Ru?"

"Ian' even gon' lie foe nem. That nickname lame as hell." Von shrugged making Amaru frown. "What about grandbabii? Cause everybody be callin' me grandson and shit."

"I like that." Amaru smirked. "You gotta' get me a chain too. Cause we twins and twins have everything the same."

"I gotchu' foe nem."

"DO YOU know why Von isn't answering my calls?" Peace asked Sky, as she sat quietly in the chair letting Sky do her makeup. She had just finished Peace's hair, not that she minded Peace just wanted to know why she was doing all this and what was going on with her boyfriend and her brother.

"Naw' P Money." Sky spoke. "He just told me to come over here and make you look prettier than what you already are. At first I said no cause a bitch don't do no services for free. But then he cash apped me a stack, I damn near flew over here."

"Mhmm." Peace hummed. "Are you and your brother close?"

"All of us close." Sky shrugged. "We ain't really have no father figure growing up so Dayvon took on that role. When he went to jail it was like a had lost a piece of my heart cause he was facing some heavy ass charges. He would always tell me when he get out he puttin' on for his family and he did just that."

"That's what I love the most about him." Peace spoke softly as Sky applied some lashes to her face.

"Where you and his ugly ass meet at anyway?"

"McDonalds, then again at my job where his girlfriend tried to kill me, then again at my other job because I had quit the previous one because of him and her, but we didn't start talking until I seen him again in Walmart." Peace spoke explaining to Sky, her and Von's relationship timeline.