Restart II

Previously.

Otto offered his hand as he smiled at you. You looked at everyone in the room once again. Some of them gave you smiles, some of them gave you head nods of respect, even some of them salutes at you. You know that you can't let them down, you finally decided to shake Otto's hand to seal the deal.

Y/N: *deep breaths* "Everyone, please lend me your powers, for us to fight for all that is beautiful in the world."

Presently.

You looked at everyone once again, hoping that they'll accept your wish.

Otto: *smiles* "Aye, Captain."

Suddenly, Otto stood up straight then he put the tip of his right hand on top of his right eyebrow, giving you a salute just like what a soldier would do to their superior. But certainly in this case, you are not his superior, it's just him showing his respect to you. Before you can respond, everyone inside the room follows what Otto just did.

Everyone: "Aye, Captain!"

You've never been in this kind of situation before so you just salutes back at them.

Y/N: (I didn't expect this kind of treatment at all, It's a bit nerve wracking.)

Meanwhile, Himeko still doesn't understand what she's here for.

Himeko: (Really, what am I here for? If I'm only needed as a witness, don't they already have enough witnesses in this room?)

Otto: "Now, one more thing to do. As you know, every single leader in this world have at least one person who accompanies and or helps the leader to get the job done. And it's the same for a Captain, which is why Y/N will need someone with him to do this duty."

Himeko: (That.. might answer my curiosity.)

You looked around the room, trying to guess if the person who will work with you is already in this room.

Y/N: (Theresa? No, she already have a lot of job and Lixue is her vice. Amber? No, he's with Otto and always will be. Bianka? Rita? I guess not, they must be busy with the new squad that they just established. That's everyone except...)

Before you can continue your thougts, Otto has already resumed his words.

Otto: "I have Amber with me all this time as my assistant, Theresa and Miss Cheng have been working together since the establishment of this academy, it's the same for Durandal and Rita as well. As for Y/N's case. Me, Theresa, and Miss Cheng have been considering this for quite a while and after reviewing the latest report about one of the candidates for Y/N's partner, I have to say that she.. is perfect for this job."

Himeko: (I kinda don't like where this is going.)

Y/N: (I kinda like where this is going.)

You and Himeko unconsciously starts looking at each other, the both of you probably have the same thing in your mind.

Otto: (They guessed it already? Theresa was right, they are quite compatible even if it doesn't look that way.) "I'm sure the two of you had already figured it out but I'm gonna say it anyway. Major Murata Himeko, A-Rank Schicksal Valkyrie, St. Freya instructor, and ex member of Valkyrie Assault Squad."

Y/N: (Haha, I knew it! Like it or not, you're going to work with me, Himeko. But wait, wasn't Ragna the Captain of that assault squad?)

Himeko stood up straight and directed her gaze straight ahead as she answered the Overseer.

Himeko: "Yes, Lord Overseer."

Otto: "Your knowledge and experience have proven your worth for this duty. Are you willing to take on this duty?"