Remembrance

Europe, 1451.

A happy married couple was blessed with their first newborn son in the year of 1451, the couple's wish to have a child have finally come true with the born of their first son. The boy was given a prayerful and meaningful name from his loving parents, his name is Y/N L/N. Since the day their wish came true, the couple is living happily with their son in a simple house in the outskirts of the city. But tragically, their happiness can't last forever because of a tragedy that happened to them.

10 years later.

Screaming can be heard everywhere as people are panicking and running. Buildings are collapsing, flames are burning everywhere, dead bodies are sprawled all around the place. Among all of that chaos, a man is running while carrying his son to keep him safe from debris and heat all around him. Getting out of energy from running, the man decided to stop in an alley to rest. He can only hope that they won't find him and his son.

Y/N: "Dad, are you okay?"

Dad: *Smiles* "I'm okay son, just a little tired."

Your father notices the sad look on your face.

Dad: "Don't be scared Y/N. You'll be okay, I'll protect you."

Y/N: "It's not that. I'm worried about Mom."

He pat your head and smiles at you.

Dad: "She's a strong woman, she can't be taken down that easily."

He is smiling but as his son, you know him. You can see the worried look in his eyes, he always puts this smile on his face whenever he's not telling you something. You know what he's actually feeling right now, but you don't know what you can do at the moment.

Dad: "Okay, get up. We need to go to the refugees camp, your Mom should be there already."

Y/N: "Okay, Dad."

Dad: "Can you walk? Does your foot still hurts?"

Y/N: (It hurts a little bit but I don't want to trouble him.) "I'm okay now Dad, you don't have to carry me."

Dad: *Smiles* "That's my boy. Come on, we don't have much time."

Y/N: "Okay."

You and your father get out from the alley. You follow closely behind him as he search for a safe way to get out of this place. After a lot of walking, you finally see your destination on the distance, it's the refugees camp.

Y/N: "Dad! We made it!"

Dad: *Smiles* "Good. Let's go there." (I hope that she's already there.)

As soon as you reach the camp, the officers stationed there quickly check on your condition and give you all the things that you might need, starting from water and food to medicine and blankets. You don't know anyone here besides your father, but at least you feel safe here.

Dad: (She's.. not here.)

Y/N: "Dad?"

Dad: "Y/N, I'm going to find your Mom. Wait here okay?"

Y/N: "I want to find Mom too. There's a lot of people here so if we both search for her, it'll make it easier to find her, right?"

Your father crouches down to your level and he looks you in the eyes. His mouth is trembling, and his eyes are watery.

Dad: "I'm sorry Y/N, I was wrong, she's.. not here."

He looks down as he said that.

Dad: "I'm going to go back and search for her, you just wait here okay?"