Chapter 039

Hearing this, Herman stood still.

His aunt's voice was as cold as ice. "Hurry up. If you don't come back, he will be buried soon. Even if you hate your father, you are still your father's son. It's your duty to bid farewell to him."

Herman was about to say something, but his aunt seemed to be afraid that he would refuse. She quickly pulled back the line, leaving only the beeping sound.

He entered the living room. As soon, as he sat down with heavy worries, Muffin suddenly jumped out from the side like a rocket.

Hunger was written in her round eyes.

He took out some cat food from the cupboard and poured some in his palm. Muffin immediately buried its fluffy head on his palm and began to eat.

"Should I go back..... " Herman touched Muffin unconsciously.

Muffin yelped.

Only Herman knew that Muffin was saying that it's his decision to go back but he could not disturb a cat especially when she was having a meal, absolutely not.

He chuckled, but the vague memory of childhood suddenly came to his mind.

When his grandparents were still alive, he, his father, and his mother were a warm family.

At that time, his father went out early every day and returned home late at night. Or when he comes back, he would definitely bring him small gifts, such as roadside snacks or some small things. His mother prepared meals every day while teaching him how to read, and waiting for his father to come back to have dinner.

That was an unforgettable warm memory in his life.

Herman laughed at himself. Perhaps life and death were too important, so many people's grievances had become a wisp of smoke at the critical moment of life and death.

There was no doubt that he hated his father. However, when he really passed away, he still could not help but think of his goodness in the past.

Thinking of this, he finally stood up and packed light.

For the one last time, he would go back to his hometown that had no love again.

In the future, it had nothing to do with him anymore.

Time flew so fast that Herman had no time to book the train tickets. He decided to drive on his own. There were all kinds of luxury cars and household cars parked in Cromwell's garage. They were generally idle and were not driven much. Herman wanted to borrow a car, so he called Jared Cromwell.

No one answered.

He frowned and found Uncle Leo in the garden. "Uncle Leo, is Jared back?"

"Young Master hasn't come back yet. Is there anything?"

"I want to borrow a car." Herman smiled. "Called him but he didn't pick up."

Uncle Leo put down the water bottle with a smile. "Master Easton, if you want to use it, you can just use it. It's just lending a car, it's not a big deal. No worries. The key is still in the same place."

Herman thought and nodded.

He took the key and drove out of the garage. When he was about to leave, he found that Muffin ran out of the house and stood in front of the car.

Herman came out of the car. "Muffin, what are you doing here? Go back."

Muffin did not move, instead, it grabbed hold of his trousers.

Herman wanted to hold it and send it back, but Muffin resisted so fiercely this time for no reason. It twisted his body and stretched out its claws. It used all kinds of tricks because it did not want to go back.

"Damn it," Herman muttered, "Why are you so disobedient today?"

Uncle Leo suddenly came out of the garden. Seeing this scene, he smiled and said, "The cat is very intelligent. It just doesn't want to be separated from Master Easton."

"It's not a separation." Herman smiled. "I'm just going out for the time being. I'll be back in less than three days. I'll be back very soon. Muffin, good girl. Let's go back."

Muffin refused and tried its best to grab him.

Uncle Leo shook his head. "Why don't you bring the cat with you?"

"It's not convenient for me to take it with me," Herman said.

Uncle Leo sighed. "I have to go to another province with my wife for a few days. I am afraid that no one will take care of it. All the workers left after they finished their work, and I am the only one who often lives here."

Herman hesitated and looked at Muffin in his arms.

The claw of Muffin was grabbing his collar, looking righteous and stubborn.

He had no choice but to give a wry smile. "Muffin, you naughty and disobedient girl!"