Chapter 007

Herman Easton frowned and thought for a moment. "I don't know."

The anger in Jared Cromwell's voice intensified. "Are you f**king stupid? You really don't know?!"

Herman Easton was already in a bad mood after Jared Cromwell had forced him to come to work. Now he was shouting at him, he was even more annoyed. He simply roared back, "Yes, I forgot to punch you old b*astard! If you have nothing to say, leave me alone!"

Now he was angry with Jared Cromwell.

If Jared Cromwell wanted to fire him, that would suit him!

He would be so happy as on top of the world, and set off firecrackers in front of Cromwell Group to celebrate.

Of whom is he afraid?

Jared Cromwell was silent for a long time. "Where's my lunch?"

Oh! He just realized, he had forgotten about lunch.

This phone call reminded Herman Easton of the silly things he had done before.

In order to please the president, he had spent the past five years preparing a bowl of soup for Jared Cromwell each day at noon in the company's pantry. In order to not bore Jared Cromwell with the same food, he devoted himself to study the menu and changed his cooking style. His video playlist was also changed from "Handsome Naked Muscular Man in White Socks!" to "Nanny Hu teaches you to satisfy a man's appetite!"

Now that they had broken up, who would be willing to spend this much time and energy on this?

Herman Easton casually browsed the plan. "There is a sour radish left in the pantry cabinet which I bought last month. Serve yourself. Beside, now Julian Nye is back, shouldn't he cook for you?"

"Have you had enough?" Jared Cromwell's voice sounded extremely aggressive.

"President Cromwell, I did cook for you for almost five years, but we broke up, right? You can't keep bothering me. I'm very tired!.

Jared Cromwell was stunned, yet unmoved. "I'll give you 30 minutes. If I still don't have my lunch after 30 minutes, you'll have to bear the consequences." After that, he hung up the phone.

Herman Easton was so angry that he wanted to shove the phone into Jared Cromwell's mouth.

Why the f*ck he could not understand? Why did he still have to cook for him after they had broken up? Did he owe him in his previous life?

He was so angry that the pen in his hand was shaking like leaf. After calming down, he decided to ignore it.

Jared Cromwell was hungry? It was none of his business.

It was better for him to starve to death.

Thinking of this, he suddenly felt refreshed and inspired. His mind was sparked and he began to work and started typing away on his keyboard.

Time flew by. The hand of the clock had already completed half a circle. It had passed in a flash.

Jared Cromwell seemed to have been waiting for ages over in his office. The office line call came in at time. "Where's my lunch?"

Herman Easton said grumpily, "I'm not free."

There was a long silence. "Come to my office."

Herman Easton cut off the call in spite. After hesitating for a while in his seat, he got up and walked into Jared Cromwell's office.

Jared Cromwell sat on the large chair with a gloomy face, as if he was about to eat human.

"President Cromwell, what can I do for you?"

Jared Cromwell looked up at him and said coldly, "I didn't have lunch, did you pretend not to notice?"

Herman Easton's eyes swept around, but he did not look at Jared Cromwell.

He was unbending.

"I've given you half an hour to prepare. Did you do it?"

Herman Easton turned his head away.

Jared Cromwell gritted his teeth with hatred.

Since they broke up, Herman Easton had been so angry that he felt his heart ache each time he thought about it.

Was Herman Easton, who used to be obedient and considerate, and who felt sorry for him when he did not eat anything, and who used all kinds of tricks to please him, already dead?

Even if they broke up, did Herman Easton have to be so cruel?

After all, he was still his personal assistant!

Herman Easton snorted coldly. "President Cromwell, it's no use threatening me. I'm only one person, one life. If you really want to force me, I'll show you the consequences. That's all from me. Me, Herman Easton, would rather die and jump from the 18th floor than cook for you!"

Jared Cromwell's eyes were deep. After a while, he turned around and took out a cat from under the table.

Muffin was sleeping soundly under the table. Suddenly, it was carried out. It opened its black round eyes and looked confused. It let out a cry of confusion.

Jared Cromwell sneered and touched Muffin's head twice, his eyes full of cruel intentions.

Herman Easton was stunned and lowered his noble head. "What you want to have for lunch?"

He was not a coward, he was really not a coward.

He could do anything to him, but not to Muffin.

This cat was his soulmate. He was the only living thing in the world who was willing to let him hold her in his arms and listen to what he wanted to said from his heart.

He could not care less about anyone, but he had to protect Muffin.

Jared Cromwell's face softened a little. He reached out and put the cat under the table. "Just like before."

Herman Easton signaled to Muffin by pouting his lips, then Muffin helplessly jumped into his arms. He nodded at Jared Cromwell. Then he went out of the president's office and took the elevator to the shopping mall on the bottom floor.

Jared Cromwell forced him to make lunch? He would just follow his order.

Anyway, he would not be as attentive as he used to be.

He had to hide his feelings for Jared Cromwell. Jared did not care about him anyway and he did not want the feeling of loving but not being loved back.

He still had dignity in his life.

Carrying a shopping basket to the vegetable area, the chubby faced salesgirl greeted him with a smile. "Sir, these vegetables were just put on the shelf, they're very fresh."

Herman Easton took a cucumber and looked around. "Are there any rotten cucumbers?"

The salesgirl was confused. "What?"

"Is there anything smelly that has been put there for quite a long time, something like a rotten cucumber or pungent eggs?"

The salesgirl looked at Herman Easton like he was a psycho. She acted in a professional way to keep her from swearing. She kept her smile and answered, "I'm really sorry. We are a trusted shop."

Herman Easton sighed regretfully. He searched through the self to try his best to pick something that was not good enough and threw it into the basket. After paying, he went to the company's pantry to cook.

Jared Cromwell did not like to eat burnt food. Ah, what should he do? He purposely tossed the egg and fried it until it was as black as charcoal!

Jared Cromwell did not like to eat mustard. Oh gosh!, the mustard just slipped into the mix. He just could not hold on to it properly!

Herman Easton solemnly brought the lunch to Jared Cromwell.

Jared Cromwell picked up his chopsticks and took a bite. His expression changed.