Chapter 20

We went to eat at our favorite café. I told her everything that happened in the nightmare I had, that it felt real. "Everything was normal when I got back. I heard you screaming and ran to your room. I was relieved to see you were having a nightmare." Kate said, sipping on her iced coffee. I sighed. "It felt too real to be a nightmare." She looked at me worriedly. "It's only because of what happened. It'll stop soon." "I hope..." I looked out the window we sat by and gasped. Michael was standing on the other side of the road. "What's wrong?" "M-Michael..." I pointed to where he was, but he was gone. "But...He was there..." "(Y/n), I believe you, but you'll have to ignore him. You won't be able to live life happily without ignoring his existence." 'Easier said then done.' I thought and sighed. "You're right. How are you feeling?" "I'm fine, we should go to the mall after this." I looked at her. "You should rest..." "I know, but we both need a good time. It's not like I'm going to be doing anything harsh. We'll be walking around and sitting when I need to." I agreed, knowing I wouldn't win. Soon, we left the small café and went to the mall. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched, no, it's not a feeling, it's real. I could feel Michael staring at me everywhere we went. I wanted to forget everything that happened, but I can't. "(Y/n), I can tell you're paranoid." Kate said, looking over at me. "I can feel him watching me." She sighed.

Michael watched as they walked around. Many thoughts were going through his mind. He wanted to have (Y/n) in his arms again, but he hated him and he knew that. 'Take him again. I can't. Kill his friend. I won't do that. Why do you care?' He fought with the voices in his head. 'Come on Michael, take him home. You made sure his old home was taken care of.' He ignored the voices as he watched (Y/n) walk with Kate. He knew he would never forgive him, that he never wanted to see him again. It hurt him to know that. Michael regrets what he did, just like in the past, but he wondered. What happened to him to make him this way. He would of killed him, his friends, but something changed.

"We should move." Kate looked at me dumbfounded. "Move? (Y/n), we're not moving." "Kate I-" "No." I sighed. "Look, I get it, you never wanted to come back here. You have a stable job, friends." I sighed. "Yes, I have those things, but Michael will never leave Haddonfield." We went back to our house in silence. I felt him watching me, but what could I do about it? I know Kate means well, but it's hard to ignore. What would anyone else do if they were me? "Snap out of it (Y/n). We've been home for about five minutes now." I looked at her and got of the car. "Sorry..." "Don't be. You need to let lose and have fun!" I sighed. "We should go clubbing! You don't have to work tomorrow do you?" "No. I'm not going clubbing." "Yes you are." The next night, we went to a club on the next street over from the café. We could hear the music from outside the club. As we walked in, the smell of cheap cologne and perfume filled my nose. We walked up to the bar and ordered some drinks before going to the dance floor. Kate planned to get shit faced, so I had to stay sober. "So, how about we find some guys and party the night away?" Kate said, slowly becoming drunk. "Don't wonder off too far from me. The last thing I need is you shit faced on the floor in a pool of throw up." I laughed and she looked offended. "So mean!" We walked to the dance floor and started dancing.

"Hey handsome. I couldn't help, but see you dancing alone." "I'm not alone. I'm with m-" I stopped midsentence to see Kate was no longer beside me, I sighed, turning to the man. 'Oh my god he is handsome!' I thought. "So, would you like to dance or do you wanna get away from this for a little?" "I'd like to get away from this for a bit. God knows where my friend went." He grabbed my hand and we went to the back ally. "Want a smoke?" I declined. "I don't smoke." He shrugged and lit the cigarette, making sure to blow the smoke away from me. "So, what brought you and your friend here? Never seen you here before." "Just to get away from reality for a bit. Are you a regular here?" "Nah, I work here. On break and I seen you were alone. Didn't look like you were having much fun." I chuckled. "My friend dragged me here." He looked at me. "You don't club, do you?" "Nope." We kept chatting until he had to go back in for work. "What's your number?" We exchanged numbers and he kissed me. "By the way, the names Tracy." "(Y/n)." He smiled and held the door open for me. We parted ways and I went to look for Kate. When I found her, she was asleep on one of the couches. "Kate wake up." I shook her and she mumbled in her sleep. "You idiot." I sighed and went to get a glass of cold water. I poured it on her.

"What the fuck!?" I laughed. "Hi to you too." "You did not just do that!" "You wouldn't wake up. Its one in the morning, let's go." She mumbled and stood up, almost falling over. I helped her stand as we walked out the club. I seen Tracy and waved at him, he waved back. I helped Kate into the car and drove home. She was mumbling the whole way, which was funny because she sounded like a newborn child. Once we got home, she fell asleep on the couch. I put a glass of water and some pills on the table beside her for when she'd wake up. I went to my room to watch some movies. Soon after, I fell asleep.

Michael watched everything that happened at the club. He seen (Y/n) kiss some man, he didn't like it. 'Kill. Kill. Kill.' The voices chanted in his head. 'I will....'