14. Pain

Silent tears hold the loudest pain
__

Our answers were mirror reflected. 

Did he feel the same way I felt? Was what we had mutual? Did in any case he lov...

No, no jumping to conclusions was not okay, today was the 10th day of our relationship, the last day of us being together in this fake relationship that I wanted to turn into a real one.

The flag was raised in our direction.

I and Song Kang exchanged smiles with each other that moment until suddenly got interrupted by the announcement. 

"This is the last question which will decide who wins, it contains 20 points. If you win this, the tables will turn" The girl announces pointing at us while taking out the question slip from the envelope.

"So the next question is.."

Q - "A memory which you want to remove"

A memory I want to remove?

The only memory which I wanted to be removed was of his father killing my parents, the memory of me going through everything I wouldn't if only my parents would be alive.

I had no idea of what his father planned, he was in no way going to take it easy.

What if what is all planned for tonight was a trap?

My head started to ache. The flashes of the accident came rushing into my mind, my thoughts started collapsing and all the veins in my head started to hurt. A sudden spark hit my head. I screamed while holding my head which ached like hell! The hospital beeps from the monitor kept ringing in my ears. The doctors and nurses voice haunted me! It was as if I was tied on the bed and wasn't able to move an inch.

Everything started to turn blurry and the last thing I could only see before my eyes closed was unclear footsteps running towards me...

+++

My eyes met brightness and I found myself at home. Massaging my forehead as I try getting up I see Song Kang bringing pills and a glass of water for me "Thank god you are up" he said sighing sitting next to me.

"What happened?" I rub my eye to get a clear view of him. "Nothing, you need to rest" he handed me the pills "Take this."

After taking the med as I got up he stopped me "Didn't you hear me? Take rest." he caressed my cheeks lowering his tone realising he was being loud  "Princess you really need to rest, you don't look well"

"Why? I feel okay and we need to get ready for tonight shouldn't we?" I try getting up again but he stopped me holding onto my shoulders firmly "When I say you should rest, you should. We'll go whenever we want there's no rush, I just want you to get well"

"But-" I was cut off by him "shh!" He shushes my mouth placing his finger on my lips reading my tense face "Don't worry about anything if you want let's just not go. I can talk to fathe-" cutting him off I rest my forehead on his closing my eyes "No, I want this to end. We will go"

"Fine" He gets away from me, "Sleep well" he gives me a momentarily smile slowly leaving off the room.

Yeah, it wasn't only hard for me, it was for him too. This had to end and today itself there was no going back.

+++

The time read 7 pm and I went to take shower.

Today was tiring but interesting too, I do remember fantasizing about things like this, having a boyfriend, going to a co-education school, being the queen of the school and getting saved by the hero if any tragedy happened. It seemed like whatever I wanted was becoming a reality.

Well, anyway, the night today was really important, it would decide whether I would live or die. I had to fight for us, I and Kang were going to meet his father today.

Getting done with the shower I move out from the washroom to only see a red embroidery work crystal work gown laying on the bed with a letter on it, that read.

                        "You gave me a forever within the numbered days and I'm grateful. It's always been you cause no one else makes sense to me. As dark I am you accepted me without any hesitation, I have adored you to pieces with all of my pieces. Believe me you will never be forgotten by me, you are too well tangled in my soul and I promise you I will always be with you no matter whether it is out of this world even. Selfishly I want us to be together, I don't care how complicated it gets, I'd still want you. Just know that you are it, you are my person. This is a token of a gift from me to you, I hope you like it ~ Song Kang"

My soul left my body, my heart was aching in happiness like it was taken finally out from the sinking ocean. I felt all my stress gone, all my anxiety gone. I never realised I was tearing up until I saw the paper in my hand dripping in my tears.

I wanted him, I needed him. No matter how much time spent with him it still wasn't enough of it.

Oh how much I realised I loved him and craved for him in these 10 days. These days I have realised that I'd rather have bad days with him than good times with someone else, I'd rather be beside him in a storm than be safe and warm by myself. I'd rather have hard times together than to have it easy apart. I'd rather have him as the one who holds my heart.

+++

Completely leaving my hair down I wear the necklace given by him and complete the look. Taking a deep breath I look at myself once more before leaving the room.

And as I walked out I found him busy tying his tie. I swear never in my life did I see any beautiful man like him, his hair was elegantly pulled back, he had dark red rubies tucked on his black coat which matched with my dress well. The fragrance of his cologne refreshed my nose and the moment where I sucked my breath was when he turned to look at me. His eyes were shadowed at the ends giving him a gracious look whereas his lips were tinted pink, natural pink.

"Heaven hits me when I see your face" he stares at me being serious and attentive. The way he was looking at me was more flattering than the alluring comment he just made.

"Kang" I mumbled getting closer to him, I felt all the tears coming back. What in the world did I ever do to deserve him? How was I so lucky to have him? How magically he had the way of calming me when I was anxious, how was he even real? "Can we pass this hard time? Will we be able to face your father?" My throat started feeling heavier as I tried resisting my tears.

Squinting his brows he pulled me closer and stroked my hair calmly "My darling, my sweetheart, my princess. I know, I know the past still haunts you, I know. Trust me, everything will be alright" he leaned in closer,

"Let me kiss your fears away" his lips kissed mine, melting my soul finely. It wasn't rough it was needy, needy much that it wasn't meant to end,

Caressing my fingers on his neck I deepen the kiss. That kiss was full of all the words I did not need to say. Our lips intertwined like magic with each other leaving no trace behind.

And that kiss was all that I needed that made all the troubles in my life disappear.

<●>

~AMXNX~