9. Lustful smoke

It takes a monster to destroy a monster
__

I met brightness as I opened my eyes and found myself in the hospital. The sense of life and death, pain and pleasure, happiness and sadness belonged here.

It's been three years since my parent's death but it still seems like it happened yesterday. So clear and disgustingly painful.

Hospitals were like a nightmare to me. How was I supposed to get well in the same place my happiness was destroyed? The only thing I wanted was to get well and leave this place soon.

I tried getting up but pain knocked me, having no other choice than to stay waiting for someone to appear before my eyes, for bringing me back to peace. It was hazing my brain.

This place was treating me physically well and destroying me mentally. I was in need to see someone, to help me come out from this anxiety. The trauma I went through all alone, I didn't want to face it again. God, please.

Shutting my eyes tightly I try calming myself until I hear a few footsteps approaching and entering my room. My eyes open to see the Limo driver.

"Hey," he sends me a little smile and takes his seat on the chair seated right before my bed. Helps me sit up straight. "How are you feeling?"

I shake my head and show my dislike for this place. "I don't really wanna stay for any longer. Do you have any idea when I can get discharged?"

He hums, "I understand but I think it will at least take you two days to recover." His eyes fall onto the syringe injected in my veins. Agrees. "Two days."

It reminds me of Song Kang. My heart falls. Realization hits me. "Is he alright??" My face is freaking up and he gets who I am talking about.

"Yes, out of danger."

Breath fills my guts. Shit. How could I forget about him?

"The cops arrived way too late and barely managed to get on time. But at least you guys are okay."

I cup my head. Do not like all of this at all. It's so irritating. "But why?" I almost tear up, "Why are things like this happening to me? And him?"

Limo sir exhales a heavy breath. "It's okay kiddo, I cannot say anything but trust Kang. He will be keeping you safe."

Safe? At what cost? His life?

It's not supposed to go that way. Why kill and destroy everything? Why can't everything turn back to normal? Why can't things just get simpler and simpler?

I couldn't even get answers to all the questions I had. The only thing I could do was wait and see how things work.

+++

Two days later...

___

"Are you coming?" I zip up my backpack, "I'm heading out already." I give him a call before heading out of the door. Greeting Limo sir and taking my seat only to have Kang join me too in a few.

The entire time on the way to school he was quiet. Very quiet. It wasn't just about now but since he got discharged there were barely a few words he'd talked to me about. I didn't know what caused him to get so quiet. It wasn't like him at all.

I bend forward, trying to meet his eyes, "Is everything alright?"

His eyes fall on me. My lips and back to my eyes. Looks away. Frowns. "Yeah, will be once you maintain a good distance with me."

My eyes widen. I am so taken aback.

"What?"

He glances back at me. His eyes again found my lips. Looking away again with a distressed look in his eyes. "It's for your good, so listen to me once will you?"