37| Control

-:Ashton's POV:-

We prowled around the rogue prisoners, growling. We wanted to lunge and rip their throats but the Alphas wouldn't let us. We snarled at them and they cowered.

"Contain yourself, Ashton!" My father, who had shifted back, ordered. We growled at him. 

'Where is Vincent?!' Xavier demanded aggressively. 'I. Want. Vincent.'

We had spent the entire afternoon tearing heads apart to sink our claws into Vincent only to find out he wasn't here. So, yes we were mad.

"None of us saw him," dad frowned.

'And you're just going to let that go?!' Xavier snapped. 'He's the one we came for!'

"I'm still your father and Alpha. Watch it," he glared. Our body shivered with the effort to hold back. Then, turning to the poisoners, dad spat, "Where's your master?"

They didn't reply.

"I will ask you nicely just one more time. Where is Morales?" He barked ferociously. 

"W-we d-don't kn-kno-oh!" A pregnant girl in her early twenties sobbed when dad advanced threateningly on the group in general. She looked beat up despite her obvious condition and that made my blood boil. The warrior who did that would pay. She was obviously defenseless and carried a pup. I honestly thought our warriors knew better.

"A-all he said w-was t-that he w-will co-compl-plete what h-he st-started!" She continued. A boy, rather bloody and cut in multiple places who sat beside her wrapped his arm around her. The way she melted into him lead me to believe that he was her mate. 

"When did he leave?" Dad questioned.

"Sometime this morning," her mate replied, his face in a scowl.

"Who went with him?" 

"How would we know? He is always secretive about his work and who he involves in it." He answered sourly.

"So you joined him without knowing what he wanted?" Alpha Rivers asked incredulously.

"Of course not. He just wanted help to retrieve his mate and in exchange, he offered us shelter." The guy answered.

Xavier snarled loudly. Dad shot us a warning look.

"Fine," Alpha Rivers said. "Let's head back. There's no point in waiting."

"What if they come back?" Dad asked.

"We've lost our element of surprise. He has a witch working for him. We're sitting ducks here," he pointed out.

"Alright. We'll go back," Dad sighed. "Let's start in thirty."

We huffed, not settling down with the rest. Our fur was covered in blood - some ours and rest our victims'. Our body was slightly sore from all the fighting. We were feeling restless. The knowledge that we missed Vincent gnawed at us. The thought of our mate calmed Xavier down a little, but not enough.

'Ce?' I called to my mate. I needed to hear her voice. I needed her to talk me down.

When I didn't get a reply, the results were the exact opposite.

'Cecelia?' I tried again. When I didn't get a reply again, I linked Noel.

'Where is Cecelia?' I asked him.

'Ashton . . . ' he trailed off uncertainly.

'What?' I bit.

'When will you be back?' He asked hesitantly.