20| Hurt?

-:Cecelia's POV:-

I was pretty bored. They were not giving me more than half an hour, four times a day, to be without that cursed drip. I had exhausted two times for that day already. And did I mention it was only noon?

Smart, right?

Not.

Julian stayed with me as much as he could but he had to attend pack meetings. Meetings wherein they desperately tried to find a solution to the Tasha problem. Her parents were grief leaden. She was an only child, so that kind of made it worse.

I did not have visitors, but that was expected. Mostly. I was hoping that Callie would come, but I guessed not. My braids were coming loose, so I opened them completely. I switched on the AC and ruffled my hair with my free hand and patting it down in hopes to tame the tangled strands. Julian was busy with another meeting.

There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I called, surprised at the politeness. The door opened slowly and in came Ashton. He looked like he'd showered and dressed recently. His hair was disheveled and he wore a navy blue turtleneck jacket with its zip halfway open, revealing a plain white tee underneath which hugged his toned torso like a second skin. He had dark blue jeans on.

"Hey," he broke me out of my trance.

"Hi," I blinked, hoping I didn't drool. What? He was my mate. I was allowed to appreciate his beauty.

"How ar- I mean, did you eat something?" He asked, nervously scratching the back of his neck. I smiled. 

Nice save.

"Yeah, I ate a fruit bowl a while ago," I said. He nodded. I folded my legs, leaving half the bed empty. He smiled as he walked over and sat down against the footboard. If one could say that since it barely reached up to half his back.

"We need to talk," I stated, not beating around the bush. 

I need to clear my head. I need to be fair to myself. I reminded myself. No boy is worth losing your self-respect and dignity for.

I missed Serafine for a moment before I concluded that her presence would've enhanced the bond between us. It was kind of good I wasn't rendered a complete imbecile in his presence. I was going to need my wits for this conversation.

"We do," he sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"First of all," I began, "Can we agree we are not looking for ways to reject each other anymore?" 

"A hundred percent," he nodded solemnly.

"Great," I filled the silence as we looked for ways to set things right. How were we to? I meant, where were we even supposed to start? 

Turned out, to know that you have to talk and then actually sit down and talk are two very different things.

"I'm sorry for kissing Bree," he blurted out. "I-It didn't mean anything."

I raised an eyebrow.

"So you just go around kissing girls without it meaning anything?" I questioned. He opened his mouth and then closed it again.

What? Did he think I was going to make it easy for him and welcome him with open arms and be like 'Aww darling it's all forgiven just because you've decided to give me a chance' and all that bullshit? 

Not in this lifetime. Not with me.

"Well," he started. "I wasn't exactly in the best moods, you see? I found my mate, I was ecstatic. When I found out you were a Crescent Moon, my spirits were a little dampened. When I found out that you were the Cecelia Rivers, I sort of lost it. And then you called me Ashton 'fucking' Summers and were talking to Julian an-"