16| Beckham

Edited.

"What did you do to her?"

Okay, so when Benson summoned me to his office, I hadn't foreseen those words leaving his mouth. His face was sour and his brows drew together into an irate furrow. Pestered was his typical appearance but after our win on Sunday and him being invited to the afterparty, I thought our relationship had progressed. Clearly, I was scammed.

If Benson had laser eyes, I would've been nothing but a pile of ash by now. "What do you mean?" I elected to take the ignorant route, have him reveal to me exactly what the predicament was.

Benson's face turned the hue of a tomato. I had to refrain from questioning if he needed to see a doctor because that vein in his forehead looked seconds away from popping. His eyes narrowed, reminding me of a snake on the verge of attacking. I didn't like the thought of being bitten, figuratively, and needed to turn away his anger.

"Taylor," he hissed, highlighting his likeliness to a snake. All he was missing was some scales. Although, if he proceeded to neglect to moisturise his face, he'd be donning some scales very soon. It would be comical, the coach of the Lexington Hydras looking exactly like the mascot. A real-life serpent. "Are you even listening to me?"

No, I honestly wasn't. I was finding it troublesome to pay attention to anything because somebody had been tormenting my thoughts for the past day. Nyx Taylor was in a mood. And when Nyx Taylor was in a mood, everybody steered clear. She'd been a tiny ball of rage throughout practice earlier, getting frustrated with the littlest thing. The moment practice ended, she stormed out of the building as if her ass was on fire and hopped into Nailea's car.

At first, I thought it had something to do with our kiss yesterday. I mean, it sure as fuck had been working in my head on repeat. How could I forget something like that? Nyx Taylor fucking melted in my arms, after all this fucking time. The remembrance of her sinking into my touch, moaning for me was stamped in my brain. I could still feel the creamy skin of her thigh underneath my hand, feel the material of her underwear as I tugged at it. If it wasn't for the sound outside the bathroom that had startled us, I was sure we would've taken it further. Neither of us seemed to be in our right minds, seemed to remember why we hated each other in the first place.

She'd avoided me ever since but that didn't stop me from jerking off to the thought of her. Not my finest moment but come on, it was Nyx Taylor. If I didn't stop thinking about her, I'd be sporting a boner soon and that wasn't something I wanted Benson in the presence for.