Ch. 47 - Opening Presents

Everly pulled at the tape holding the plain cardboard box closed and opened the lid, seeing that there were a bunch of gifts inside. She lifted up a pale pink silk bathrobe with a gold emblem embroidered on the pockets and it was so soft and beautiful. Then she found a matching pair of pale pink slippers with a gold emblem embroidered on them too. There was a whole spa set inside the box full of face masks and beauty supplies, fuzzy socks, a manicure and pedicure set and a cute little teddy bear. 

"Wow. Thank you Rowan. I love it," she said, looking over at him with surprise. "These are really thoughtful gifts."

"Yes, well I didn't pick them out. I told my assistant to buy some girly nonsense. She may have gone a little overboard with all the pink bits."

"Oh, ummmm. Well, I still love them even if you didn't pick them out. Thank you," she said with an awkward, forced smile. She should've known Rowan wouldn't have picked out something sweet like that for her.

Keaton tore his box open and inside was a really fancy, tailored Armani suit and a pair of dress shoes and a box that had expensive diamond cuff links in them.

"I know how much you like nice suits so I asked the designers at Armani to make something custom for you," Rowan said, taking a sip from his crystal glass of brandy. "I figured you might like that."

"I love it Dad. Thank you," Keaton said.

Keaton reached over and grabbed his presents from under the tree and handed one to Everly and one to his Dad.

"I wonder what this could be," his Dad said, shaking it.

"Well, why don't you open it and find out," Keaton laughed.

His Dad ripped open the box and inside was some tissue paper that he threw onto the floor and under that was a jersey that he lifted up.

"That's right," Keaton smiled. "It's a signed Christiano Ronaldo jersey and those are front row tickets to his next match and a VIP pass to meet him." 

Keaton looked over at Everly and said, "Christiano Ronaldo is Dad's favorite soccer player."

"Soccer?" his Dad scoffed. "I think you've been across the pond too long. It's football."

"Of course it's football. I just said that so Everly wouldn't confuse it with American football."

"Well thank you Keaton," he said with a smile.  "I couldn't imagine a better gift."

"I'm glad you like it. You're a hard one to buy for because you already have everything. Now it's your turn to open your gift from me," Keaton said to Everly and she ripped into the big box with a smile.

 Now it's your turn to open your gift from me," Keaton said to Everly and she ripped into the big box with a smile

She ripped the paper off, feeling excited as she lifted the lid. Inside was a beautiful bright red evening gown with a tag that said Louis Vuitton and a little box and an envelope. She opened the box next and found a pair of diamond earrings and a diamond necklace.